Main menu bar in GNOME disappear!

Post by Eric L » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
    In Gnome, I "lost" my menu bar at the bottom when I am root, I found it
when I login as another normal user!  Anyone can teach me how to recover
this again?

Thanks a lot,
    Eric

1. Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

I have just installed Mandrake 8.0 with Gnome and I have a question
about the main menu in the gnome panel. When I pass the mouse over a
sub-menu, this sub-menu appears immediatly. This is annoying when I
want to access the top sub-menu item since I have to see all the
others appearing and dissappearing quite rapidly. Is there any way to
slow down the "time to appeareance" of the menu lists? Or can I simply
set it so that I have to click on a sub-menu to see its content? I
have read the gnome-panel help files, and I have tried to configure it
via the gnome control panel without success.

The gnome panel version is 1.4.0.2

Thanks!

2. Where's Xconfig go when X is on CD?

3. no gnome main menu with gnome and tcsh at suse 7.2

4. Linux and Arcserve

5. no gnome main menu with tcsh

6. KPPP disappears

7. gnome main menu gone?

8. Trident 9400CXi drivers for XFree86v.3

9. Gnome desktop - missing main menu, everything......help

10. Getting a key to open the main menu in gnome?

11. segmentation error loading the menu bar in GNOME

12. gnome 1.2 menu bar

13. No menu bar in Gnome