xdm and chooser problem in Redhat7.0

Post by Karicheti Venkateswarl » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:50:25

Hi,

I installed Redhat 7.0 in Dell Precision 420 and works without any problem
in text mode or graphics mode. I have few other unix boxes in the network
and want to use the chooser program to able to login into any of the unix
boxes.

I edited /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess file and inserted unix box names and
modified /etc/inittab to run xdm instead of gdm.

My login screen does not get me chooser screen, instead it gets me local
machine login screen.
I can get the login screen of individual unix boxes on local machine by
using
X -query unixbox  or  X -indirect unixbox commands

How do I make the chooser program to show me all the unix boxes.

I read all the mini-HOWTOs related to xdm and could sort this problem.
Any help will be appreciated.

Velu

Post by Karicheti Venkateswarl » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 01:35:39

[...]

1. xdm to xdm - where is chooser?

I have a few linux boxes each running xdm (with no XServers entries), and
I'm running a local xdm on another system for actual display.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the other servers on the lan, even with
-broadcast (I also tried -indirect and -query, explicitely in XServers) on
the local system. Any reason why the 'chooser' isn't coming up instead of
a local login prompt?

- lv

2. GnomeRPM Question 6.1 vs 6.2 packages and dload failures

3. Problem with starting chooser via xdm

4. Undocumented DLPI ioctls

5. xdm chooser mode problems

6. Masquering on different segments

7. xdm & chooser Problem

8. Digital FDDI card (DEFPA-AA) on HP XU 5/90

9. problems with the chooser on xdm

10. chooser/xdm config problem

11. Problem Setting up Linux/Xdm/Chooser

12. Problems with xdm and Chooser

13. Problem with xdm chooser