3Dfx Banshee and X

Post by v.cu.. » Sun, 10 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I have a Creative 3Dfx Banshee based board. I have problems getting X run. Could
someone tell me how to get X runnig (I want it run not only in VGA16 mode!) or
where can I find an X-Server that supports that board ?

Thank for your attention,

Bye,                                            Vittorio.

3Dfx Banshee and X

Post by Martin Walk » Mon, 11 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi everybody,

>I have a Creative 3Dfx Banshee based board. I have problems getting X run. Could
>someone tell me how to get X runnig (I want it run not only in VGA16 mode!) or
>where can I find an X-Server that supports that board ?

>Thank for your attention,

>Bye,                                            Vittorio.

I have justy installed Linux on a couple of machines with Banshee chip
sets and have the same problem. On reading this group so far I find:-

http://www.uno.edu/~adamico/banshee/Welcome.html

will tell you how to create a framebuffer device that will work, but
be somewhat slow. This is all rather advanced stuff.

http://www.linux3d.org/

will tell you of current progress to create a proper Banshee driver.

If there is anything else anyone knows, I would like to know.

Martin Walker

3Dfx Banshee and X

Post by xxx » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hi everybody,

> I have a Creative 3Dfx Banshee based board. I have problems getting X run. Could
> someone tell me how to get X runnig (I want it run not only in VGA16 mode!) or
> where can I find an X-Server that supports that board ?

> Thank for your attention,

> Bye,                                            Vittorio.

  Ciao Vittorio,
 c'e' una versione molto alpha su http://glide.xxedgexx.com/status.html  ma faccio
una fatica boia a scaricarla. Ho letto in giro che dovrebbe funzionare...
....ciao...Stefano....

1. 3dfx Banshee and SVGATextMode

Hello

Could someone give me some tips to make my Creative Banshee video card
display more than 80x25 with SVGATextMode ?

The Daryll's X server (http://www.linux3d.org) works fine (1280x1024 /
87Hz), but I can't do the same with SVGATextMode. I try to mix Chipset
VGA, Clocks and Modelines from previous TextConfig (S3 968 VRAM) and
working  XF86Config, but I always get blank or "cryptic"  screen.

Is there a patch anywhere ? Or should I build something (for
ClockProg) ?

TIA

P. Gaudron

2. dd: x records in and x records out

3. Drivers for S3 Savage3D 3Dfx Voodoo Banshee

4. Network Init System Load

5. 3dfx Banshee

6. Calder 1.3 not starting:HELP

7. Help: Banshee 3Dfx

8. Map Pointer_Button2 to a key?

9. Creative Lab Banshee 3DFX Voodoo2 anyone fot it 2 work?

10. 3DFX Banshee and Solaris 7

11. XFree86 BSD and the 3dfx VooDoo Banshee

12. 3dFx Banshee & FreeBSD

13. 3dfx Banshee