xfconfig problem ??

Post by bewp.. » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I can view the same jpeg file with better resolution in win95 than in xv . I
am using a s2trio64 with 2 mb mem. Is the problem due to xfconfig or is it the
 setup file in xv? Is there anything I can do to correct the problem ? Could
somebody please help.
Regards.

xfconfig problem ??

Post by m.. » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>I can view the same jpeg file with better resolution in win95 than in xv . I
>am using a s2trio64 with 2 mb mem. Is the problem due to xfconfig or is it the
> setup file in xv? Is there anything I can do to correct the problem ? Could
>somebody please help.
>Regards.

I'm a newbi myself but if your still having dificulty email me I could
send you my config file .  It took some time to figure out.

1. X Windows xfconfig problem

Help,

I'm using the xf86config program to set up an XF86Config file for X version
3.1.1. When it asks "do you want to run X -probeonly..." now I answer yes
and the screen flickers and it comes back with the error "grep failed,
cannot find clocks in server output." What does this mean. The file that
it outputs obviously doesn't work. I have a XF86Config file that I
made myself that gives me a dead screen when I start X but when I run
X -probeonly > /tmp/x.out 2&>1 I at least get a proper output to the file
x.out, I just don't know exactly how to plug those numbers into the config
file itself. I'd really like the xf86config program to do it for me.
I appreciate any help you can give.

2. local network no Internet PC firewall go to Internet

3. XFconfig problem - DEC P90 (S3V864)

4. Forcing download with Explorer

5. Help with "Apache User Auth" -> user/password mod_auth_external.c

6. XFConfig problem..

7. 2 or more ARCnet cards in the same PC

8. X Windows xfconfig problem

9. PCI S3 864 XFConfig startup Problems

10. Newbie problem with XFConfig - Slackware

11. Mag Monitor XFConfig info

12. Mach64 XFConfig Challenge