Any ways about how to access PCs like Win 95 or NT in Linux?

Any ways about how to access PCs like Win 95 or NT in Linux?

Post by Kum-Hoe Hwan » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi! Linux Fans

Are there any ways I can access Windows application programs
in OS of Windows 3.11, Windows 95 or Windows NT in Linux system?

There is PcAnyWhere program for Windows, Win95 and Win NT for accessing
a remote PC via modems.

I'd appreaciate any comments about this.

Thanks,

K Hwang

Post by Bart Van Cuts » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

|> Hi! Linux Fans
|>
|> Are there any ways I can access Windows application programs
|> in OS of Windows 3.11, Windows 95 or Windows NT in Linux system?
|>
|> There is PcAnyWhere program for Windows, Win95 and Win NT for accessing
|> a remote PC via modems.
|>
|> I'd appreaciate any comments about this.

If you just want file access, you can use the smb file system in linux for
remote access of windows file shares. If you want application access... well...
if you have enough money, you could install a big Pentium (Pro, II) server
and install NCD's WinCenter. It's a Windows NT based solution for remote
access to Windows applications. Gives you the ability to run Windows programs
in an X window. Works pretty well, but don't ask me how much that costs.

More info on the NCD web site: http://www.ncd.com/pwin/pwin.html

                                                bvc

1. Samba on (RH5) Linux likes 95 but hates NT?

Same machine has no problem attaching to a "share" on my Linux box
when booted under 95 -- but when I reboot into NT, I consistently
get "The account is not authorized to log on from this station."

The smbd is version 1.9.17p4.  All other activity (ftp, telnet,
etc) work between the machines, no problem.  No hosts.allow or
hosts.deny problems.  **And the Linux box can smbmount the NT
machine!**

I was careful to use the same login name and IP address as I did
under 95.  Is there some kind of cookie or other magic going on
that makes Linux/samba think that this isn't the same machine?
Or what?

2. How do I install WordPefect Corel Office 2000 for linux on FreeBSD?

3. Linux access from dos/win/windows 95/NT

4. Laptop and printer port problems

5. Linux, Win 95, and Win NT Modem

6. SW RAID Setup on SCO 5.0.5

7. Installing Linux/Win 95/Win NT

8. Looking for Database Program

9. Win 95, Linux and Win NT 4.0 boot

10. Win NT, Win 95, Linux & Samba questions

11. Installing Linux+Win 95+Win NT

12. Win 95+Win NT+Linux???

13. WIN NT; WIN 95; LINUX