upgrade to a new version of glib

Post by Hung Ngoc La » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to install GTK+; however, GTK+ requires glib versions 1.2.8 or higher.
At the moment, I am running glib version 1.2.5.  How do I remove version
1.2.5 and replace it with 1.2.8 so that I can run GTK+?  I am a linux
newbie so please gentle with me?  Please have your instructions to me
as specific as possible.  Thanks.

David

Post by ad.. » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I am trying to install GTK+; however, GTK+ requires glib versions 1.2.8 or higher.
> At the moment, I am running glib version 1.2.5.  How do I remove version
> 1.2.5 and replace it with 1.2.8 so that I can run GTK+?  I am a linux
> newbie so please gentle with me?  Please have your instructions to me
> as specific as possible.  Thanks.
> David

It really depends on what distribution of Linux you're using.  RedHat,
Slackware, Debian, Corel?  You'll really need to be more specific.

Adam

1. upgrade to a new version of glib

I am trying to GTK+; however, GTK+ requires glib versions 1.2.8 or higher.
At the moment, I am running glib version 1.2.5.  How do I remove version
1.2.5 and replace it with 1.2.8 so that I can run GTK+?  I am a linux
newbie so please gentle with me?  Please have your instructions to me
as specific as possible.  Thanks.

David

2. missing in.telnetd

3. Samba/Linux/DeskJet Printing

4. How to upgrade glib-2.1.x to glib-2.2.x on Debian?

5. linux kernel problems

6. rpm -i doesnt recognize new gtk and glib version

7. Canceling print jobs

8. Upgrading to new computer & OS version

9. how to upgrade the linux to a new version?

10. New version of X Mosaic; upgrade now!

11. What happens if I upgrade to a new version of libc?

12. Hard Disk Upgrade Mini How-To: New Version