Upgrading v3.1.1 to v3.1.2

Post by Ken Onwer » Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I need to upgrade my X windows system from v3.1.1 to x3.1.2 (and hence
3.1.2B) as only the latter supports the Tident 9440 PCI card.  As I
prefer pre-compiled binaries, what files do I need from the x-windows ftp
site ?

Ken

1. #9 GXE Pro and XF86_S3 v3.1 (or v3.1.1)

The answer appears to be that this revision of the BIOS on the GXE64 pro is
not quite working. I posted about this a few weeks ago. Interestingly
enough, on a GXE64 pro with a slightly older rev of the BIOS, I have 3.1.1
working OK. However, I can reproduce the bug if I start a dos program that
does SVGA graphics and then soft boot and run linux. My theory is that
the S3 server either inits or fails to init some aspect of the card. I
suspect it would be very easy to track down if one could get #9 to tell
you exactly what the change to the bios was. I have a call into them at
the moment; if I get any info, I plan to fix the server and send the patch
to xfree.

Bill Moran

2. Semaphore

3. XF86 v3.1 vs. v3.1.1?

4. AcceleratedX (commerical Xserver)

5. Upgrading AIX from V3.2.2 to V3.2.3

6. Reboot causes protectiion fault

7. : Looking for softcopy of Veritas Netbackup v3.1 to v3.11 upgrade procedures

8. REPOST: How do I get "Vital Product Data" from AIX devices ?

9. installation order for kde v3.1.1

10. Help! (Caldera OpenLinux V3.1.1)

11. Looking for SCO binaries to run with XFree86 v3.1.2

12. WD90C24 won't do 800x600 on 755CX LCD w/XF86_SVGA v3.1.2

13. Phillips 15B and XFree86 v3.1.1