Erazor III extreme - RIVA TNT2 chip

Post by Simon S » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
  I am trying to get the graphics display to work properly on a
emachines with RH 6.1 which I replace the video card with Erazor III
extreme - RIVA TNT2 chip. The X server came up okay and gnome runs
great!! However, when I try to run the SGI Performer software, the
graphics is worst than a $20 bucks graphics card. www.xfree86.org home
page mentioned that xfree 3.3.5 do support the chip and RH6.1 comes with
xfree86 3.3.5. Anyone has any idea how do I fine tune the driver to make
it work?
  Any help is appreciated.

Simon

Erazor III extreme - RIVA TNT2 chip

Post by Simon S » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello David,

> More information is required.  In what way are the graphics `worse'?

Its is like the logo screen on Window NT  at login before you install the
appropriate graphics card driver. Not smooth at all. I can even see the
individual dots of the pixel.

Quote:> Is SGI Performer a OpenGL application?  In which case expect poor
> performance as there is no hardware acceleration unless you have
> downloaded the drivers from nvidia's site. (http://www.nvidia.com/)

Yes it is based on OpenGL. However, I have not yet looked into the performance
of the application running on the card since I can't get the display to
display right. The last I check there were not driver for linux on ELSA
homepage. When I email ELSA, the best answer that they gave me was to go to
www.xfree86.com. ;( But I will check out nvidia like Dean S Jones suggested.
Hopefully it will work. Wish me luck.

Thank you very much.

Simon

1. Watch TV with Elsa Erazor III Pro

Hi,

the Elsa Erazor III Pro card works fine with XFree86 3.3.6 on
my SuSE 6.3 system.

Also 3D is running with glx/MESA, though some of the glutdemos
run rather/very slow.

Now the question is: can I also watch TV with it (it has S-VHS
and FBAS inputs)? bttv isn't working, I think.

And even more: can I decode 'Premiere' and give the output
signal (S-VHS/FBAS) to my TV set?

thanks in advance,
Wolfgang

2. TCP/IP over X.25 over ISDN question

3. Linux Mandrake 8.0 and Elsa Erazor III

4. Solaris 2.4 and Motif

5. Erazor III

6. PROCESS INFO

7. Erazor III and Princeton Gr Sys U-17

8. ppp-setup

9. Erazor III Video

10. Elsa III Extreme and linux/X

11. Riva TNT2 problem with Linux

12. Clueless gamer needs help running Quake 3 on RIVA TNT2

13. NVIDIA Riva TNT2 questions