1. SoundBlaster 32 PNP ctcm.exe and DOS 7.0 (Win95 DOS)
I just got my first taste of Plug-and-Pray, and it's no fun.
Has anyone been able to run ctcm.exe under MSDOS 7.0 (part of Win95)?
I don't have early DOS by itself on the hard disk, and I still need to
boot linux from loadlin.exe. Currently I can't install linux until
I set the sb32pnp IDE as ide1 to access the cdrom drive.
Here are some problems I found:
1) When running ctcm.exe from DOS 7.0, it doesn't recognize ctpnp.cfg
in any directory (C:\, C:\CTCM) even if I set CTCM variable. It always
configures sb32pnp in a default way no matter how I change the ctpnp.cfg.
2) What is the purpose of ctcu.exe? It seems I can just edit ctpnp.cfg and
be done with it. Somehow ctcu complains that it can't run in a dos box,
even if I boot into DOS 7.0 of Win95. I had to run it from DOS 6 boot
disk, and it is VERY VERY SLOWWWWW. Each key response time is about
For now, I have to use a DOS 6 boot disk to run ctcm.exe and it is
2. strange wu.ftp problem
3. HELP: Connectivity between DOS/DOS and DOS/Linux
4. Problem in telnet...
5. dos won't recognize my extended dos partition
7. Linux as file server for DOS, Win95 (yech), Win NT?
8. Pb process defunct (zombie)
9. Help Bootquestion Linux Redhat 5.0 with Dos 6.2/Win 3.11/Win95 .
10. Linux loopback command -- Win NT/Win95 /DOS equivalent?
11. System won't boot Dos or Win95, only Linux from flop
12. Clueless: MS-DOS/Win95 won't boot; DR-DOS, Linux, OS/2 will...
13. DOS Windows on Xterminal