Best commercial X-server Redhat 6.0

Post by Frank Fos » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I'm considering buying one of the commercial X-servers for Linux.

I have a pretty standard PC; PII-233MHz with a
Matrox G200/AGP video card.

I think both MetroLinks Metro-X and
XiGraphics' Accelerated-X
could work.

Anyone have experience with installation, configuration, compatibility,
support etc
with any of these?
If so, I would be happy to hear about it.

Knut Meidal

Post by Michael Per » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>I'm considering buying one of the commercial X-servers for Linux.

>I have a pretty standard PC; PII-233MHz with a
>Matrox G200/AGP video card.

>I think both MetroLinks Metro-X and
>XiGraphics' Accelerated-X
>could work.

>Anyone have experience with installation, configuration, compatibility,
>support etc
>with any of these?
>If so, I would be happy to hear about it.

>Knut Meidal

I have used Xi desktop and laptop and am quite impressed with their
products.  The laptop product made it possible for me to use my Dell
Inspiron 7000 at a nice color depth and even when Xfree86 335 came out I
continued to use Xi until I recycled the laptop at work to someone else.
I have not tried metrox whatsoever.

--
Michael Perry

------------------

1. Kangaroo-mouse under Redhat 6.0 X-server

Hiya all,
i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
right when i move to the left.
i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
but no luck.
I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
connector.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Best Regards,

Roger

2. Lenght of login name

3. Kangaroo-mouse under RedHat 6.0 x-server

4. q: wins-server for solaris

5. redhat Linux 6.0 Resolution X-server

6. Multipath with 2x ADSL, non-random path selection?

7. Commercial X-Server for MGA Millenium

8. Routing through PPP link failing to be set up; too slow?

9. Need Commercial X-server Announcement

10. Which is the best X-Server for ATI Rage IIC card?

11. Best X-server for STB Velocity 3D

12. RH5.1 - Best X-Server for a Tseng ET6000

13. The best X-Server for Miro 22SD?