NVidia Source RPM troubles -- compile errors.

NVidia Source RPM troubles -- compile errors.

Post by Peter Moo » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to build rpms from the nvidia source rpms. When I do: rpm -ba
SPECS/NV....spec, it gets part way done (BUILD contains an NVidia folder), but then it
bombs out with several error messages.  nv.h includes <linux/config.h>, which includes
<linux/autoconf.h>....  I don't have autoconf.h, but I do have autoconf-BOOT.h and
autoconf-up.h I have /usr/include/linux linked pointing to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux.  This looks okay to me...  Am I missing something?

I'm running RH6.2 with a custom 2.2.14 kernel from tar source. Any help would be
appreciated.

-Peter M.

NVidia Source RPM troubles -- compile errors.

Post by S. Uma » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Go to /usr/src/linux....do "make xconfig" choose load configuration
file from option and load the file corresponding to your system from
the configs subdirectory. Then exit and save and do a "make dep".
I think this would create all the kernel header files you need. In
the old versions they use to have these included in /usr/src/linux
directory and you could copy them to their proper locations.

--

Prof. S. Umar
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy

http://compsci.cas.vanderbilt.edu/~umar/resu.htm