Mouse skipping problem in X

Post by Dmitri Alexander Bobrovniko » Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Some of the time, my mouse works fine with X.  Occasionally, though, it
becomes spastic and the pointer skips around on the screen.  My setup is
fairly standard:  I have a Microsoft serial mouse as /dev/mouse.  I've never
had any trouble before running Windows, OS/2, etc., so I don't think it's a
hardware problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dmitri Bobrovnikoff

Mouse skipping problem in X

Post by Mike Chas » Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:00:00

HI,

I had some trouble with my mouse as well.  I found that if I had
the driver installed that allowed my mouse to operate in a normal
console window, when I ran xfree86 the mouse became very erratic
and often the curser would become pinned at the side of the desk
top.  The only cure I could find was to uninstall the console window
driver. So now I dont have the use of the mouse in the console window
but it works fine in Xfree86.

Hope that helps
mike chase

1. WHy does up2date skip package NOT in the skip list

Hi,

I'm new to up2date and I have noticed some behavior I'm trying to understand.
When I for example do a up2date -d glibc. It downloads the glibc as well
teh glibc-common but not the corresponding glibc-devel. glibc is not
in my skip list . ALso, teh glibc-devel version installed is older than
the one on RHN. Can someone tell me why this happens.

ALso, How can I ask up2date to update only a certain package group,
say only the kernel or only the glibc packaages.

Thanks

DrD

2. Can't copy kernel into place

3. Hexdump: skip does not skip

4. HP JetDirect and Solaris 2.4

5. SKIP for Linux and Sunscreen SKIP for W95

6. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (1/7) [Frequent posting]

7. Skipping Mouse in OpenWindows

8. Making devices (file descriptors)

9. supraexpress modems (28.8) problems w/dial-ins

10. Netscape plug-ins problem

11. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

12. Netscape 4.51 and plug-ins problem

13. Reducing Mem Usage by skipping iBCS, lpd, inetd, any problem?