Help: How to set environmental variable OPENWIN and xmkmf compilation problems/error

Help: How to set environmental variable OPENWIN and xmkmf compilation problems/error

Post by Mac » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Could someone tell me how to set environment var OPENWIN.  I am getting
this error with xmkmf:
bash$ xmkmf
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:13: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33.
Stop.

Any solutions on how to set env var OPENWIN and the xmkmf error?
I appreciate any insight.
Thanx
Mac

Post by Jeremy Chatfiel » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Could someone tell me how to set environment var OPENWIN.  I am getting
> this error with xmkmf:
> bash$ xmkmf
> mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
> imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> Imakefile.c:13: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
> imake: Exit code 33.
> Stop.

> Any solutions on how to set env var OPENWIN and the xmkmf error?
> I appreciate any insight.
> Thanx
> Mac

To set an environment parameter using bash and other korn-shell types:

        prompt$ export PARAMETER="value value value"

I'll guess that you haven't installed all the X compilation tools.
Alternatively, they aren't in the directory that is assumed by xmkmf.
Try running 'updatedb' and then 'locate Imake.tmpl' to find the template
file.  If it is not present, find and install the package with it.  If
it is present, then xmkmf should be using that directory or you need to
move the Imake template and related files to the directory that xmkmf is
assuming.

Alternatively, go back to sqauer 1, download the sources from ftp.x.org
and generate a new xmkmf and support files :-)

Cheers, JeremyC.
--

 Commercial X Products: Servers, CDE, contracts and custom development

1. How to set Environment variable OPENWIN & xmkmf compilation errors

Could someone tell me how to set environment var OPENWIN.  I am getting
this
error with xmkmf:
bash$ xmkmf
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
Imakefile.c:13: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
imake: Exit code 33.
  Stop.

Any solutions on how to set env var OPENWIN and the xmkmf error?
I appreciate any insight.
Thanx
Mac

2. Q: A spy on UNIX systems

3. how to set environmental variables (ie. PERLLIB)

4. ANSI prompts

5. Newbie question: set environmental variable by using a script

6. Device Mgmt

7. Setting Environmental Variables

8. Doom Music

9. Setting and Changing Environmental variables permanently

10. Checking to see if environmental variable is set

11. setting environmental variables permanently

12. ksh question : setting Environmental variables

13. how to set $socks-ns environmental variable?