KDE and kICQ, what am I doing wrong here....

KDE and kICQ, what am I doing wrong here....

Post by Leethal[AQK » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am running KDE on RH 5.2 with no problems. I got licq and it works, but is
not very reliable. I thought I would try out kicq so I downloaded the
icqlibs and that went fine, until I try to install the kde rpm. I get a file
dependancies error: needs libicq.so.0. HOWEVER, I have libicq.so.0 in
/usr/local/lib. How the heck do I get glint to recognize it? The README and
INSTALL don't help at all, so here I am.

Lee

--
"been around the world and found
that only stupid people are breeding

email LEEMAN AT NETXN DOT COM

Post by John Walstr » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> I am running KDE on RH 5.2 with no problems. I got licq and it works, but is
> not very reliable. I thought I would try out kicq so I downloaded the
> icqlibs and that went fine, until I try to install the kde rpm. I get a file
> dependancies error: needs libicq.so.0. HOWEVER, I have libicq.so.0 in
> /usr/local/lib. How the heck do I get glint to recognize it? The README and
> INSTALL don't help at all, so here I am.

Use the --nodeps switch.  If you compiled libicq, instead of rpm-ing it,
then you'll get that error.

rpm -i --nodeps <package name>

--
John Walstra                               Motorola, Inc. CIG

phone :(847) 632-3071                      Arlington Heights, IL 60004
fax   :(847) 632-4164                      Proud member of MotLUG

1. Dual Homed Linux - what am I doing wrong?

I have a RH 5.0 Linux PC setup with two Ethernet interfaces configured and
connected to two different LANs. Each LAN has a way out to the Internet, and
I've disabled IP forwarding on Linux to prevent the PC from routing between
the two LANs (which is my intention). The routing table entries for the first
LAN (eth0) simply has the usual loopback and LAN entries, and a default route
pointing to the gateway to the Internet. This works just fine.

On the eth1 interface, I have set up the Cisco router on the second LAN to use
RIP to broadcast routes on the second LAN. I then configure Linux to run
routed with -q (listen only) so that it can pick up the RIP routes and know to
use the second interface for routes to networks serviced by the Cisco. This
isn't working.

When I start routed -q, I end up with a route to the serial side of the Cisco
(that's good) and a second default route pointing to the Cisco on eth1 is
created (not good). With two default routes, Linux seems to pick the first
available default route when it doesn't know where to go - hence, all my
traffic continues out the eth0 interface when a better path is available on
eth1.

The route table never fills with routes known by the Cisco, so my question is
what am I doing wrong? Is this a known problem with Linux? Why is it creating
a second (and useless) default route instead of filling up with routes learned
via RIP?

Dan Peterka

2. System freezes while starting Emacs

3. Am I doing something wrong?? - (SAMBA)

4. Connecting Parallel Printer to sCSI Adapter--Possible?

5. One more question - What am I doing wrong?

6. Mouse troubles...

7. KNode (No Caching) - What am I doing no wrong

8. Keyboard hangs during setup of SuSE 6.3

9. gethostbyname misbehavior - what am i doing wrong.

10. What am I doing wrong?????

11. Ip-Masquerade and games over the net...what am I doing wrong????????

12. What I am doing wrong?

13. sendmail config -- what am I doing wrong?