olvwm: Virtual Desktop at bottom right?

Post by Andreas Meye » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I'm sure there's probably something I can put into my .Xdefaults file to
accomplish this, but I haven't been able to find out what.

I want to have olvwm come up with the Virtual Desktop at the bottom
right
side of the screen (as opposed to the top left).  Yes, I know I can drag
it
there, but I'm looking for a more elegant solution.

Thanks,
Andy
--

olvwm: Virtual Desktop at bottom right?

Post by Simon Barnar » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I'm not sure about this, I've never tried it but assumed that the
ViewPort option in XF86Config allows you to do this (assuming XFree86).
You can specify two coordinates which I assume are offsets into the
virtual window. Have a browse through the docs.

HTH

Simon Barnard

Post by Jimmie Farm » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>I'm not sure about this, I've never tried it but assumed that the
>ViewPort option in XF86Config allows you to do this (assuming XFree86).
>You can specify two coordinates which I assume are offsets into the
>virtual window. Have a browse through the docs.

>> I'm sure there's probably something I can put into my .Xdefaults file to
>> accomplish this, but I haven't been able to find out what.

>> I want to have olvwm come up with the Virtual Desktop at the bottom
>> right
>> side of the screen (as opposed to the top left).  Yes, I know I can drag
>> it
>> there, but I'm looking for a more elegant solution.

        The most elegant solution is "man olvwm", but here is what I have
in my .Xdefaults to get my VDM in the upper right hand corner of my screen:

OpenWindows.VirtualGeometry:    0x0+926+0

        Sincerely,
        Jimmie Farmer

--
     Jimmie Farmer       | It is by the fortune of God that, in this country,
    Guitar For Hire      | we have three benefits: freedom of speech, freedom

http://www.malchick.com/ |                 -- Mark Twain

1. Summary of Looking for Virtual Desktop (olvwm)

I originally posted a question about where to find
Virtual Desktop (olvwm) for Solaris 2.3. (Thanks
to all that responsed via email and additional
postings.)

I located olvwm 4.0 at "ftp.cs.columbia.edu" under
/archives/X11R5/contrib as olvwm_p1.gz and olvwm_tar.gz
(note these are "gzip"ed).

I unzipped these files and build olvwm 4.1 after
making the necessary edits to the files referenced
in the patch (diff listing).  I then copied the
executable into /usr/openwin/bin (since that is in
everyones path).  We have not seen any problems
(see the README for a list of known problems).

[The Catalyst CDWARE for fall 1993 contains
virtual desktop 3.4 for SunOS 4.1.x.]

2. NFS filesystem size mount limit

3. Looking for Virtual Desktop (olvwm) for Solaris 2.3

4. Linux 2.4.18-pre9

5. virtual desktop in olvwm

6. User authentication: FastTrack Server 2.0

7. Mouse Problem: Stops at bottom right

8. Problem with a Maxtor 40Gb drive

9. the bottom line on Berkeley code rights?

10. Taskbar won't load on bottom of desktop

11. no virtual desktop, still the desktop bigger than the screen

12. X desktop resolution and virtual desktop

13. Lost task bar at bottom of Gnome desktop