X server for Velocity 3D (STB) card? (first attempt at Redhat)

X server for Velocity 3D (STB) card? (first attempt at Redhat)

Post by Sanjay Bhat » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

hi
        i just installed Redhat linux on my machine, and would like
some information on whether STB's Velocity 3D card is supported by any
of the X servers available.  Please let me know, or point me to the
correct resource!  thanks.

sb

--

X server for Velocity 3D (STB) card? (first attempt at Redhat)

Post by Ashwin Biha » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> hi
>    i just installed Redhat linux on my machine, and would like
> some information on whether STB's Velocity 3D card is supported by any
> of the X servers available.  Please let me know, or point me to the
> correct resource!  thanks.

> sb

The latest version of XFree86 3.3.1, seek out http://www.xfree86.org and
roam around to see if they support your card..they probbaly do..Regards

|Ashwin Bihari                              University of Massachusetts Lowell|

| NOTE: The address above has the words NOSPAM, to stop just that, please     |
|       reply to the address in this box, if you have to at all!              |

Post by Randall Hopp » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

 |      i just installed Redhat linux on my machine, and would like
 |some information on whether STB's Velocity 3D card is supported by any
 |of the X servers available.  Please let me know, or point me to the
 |correct resource!  thanks.

Sure.  Either the SVGA or S3V server w/ XFree 3.3 or 3.3.1.  Run's well for

ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86.

Randall Hopper