X windows positioning problem on a Viglen laptop

X windows positioning problem on a Viglen laptop

Post by Michael Burre » Mon, 06 May 2002 04:38:15

I have recently installed Red Hat 7.2 on a Viglen Laptop

14.1" TFT running at 1024 X 768
Sis 630 graphical adapter 8Mb, shared ram

The problem i am experiencing is that linux displays correcly (in the
center of the screen) all the way through the setup and then through
boting but once X Windows starts the display is centered incorrecly.
it is about 3 inchess to the right and about 2 inches too low on the
laptop display. the display seems to be drawn corectly just drawn way
off center.

I have tried changing the settings that are avaialble through setup
but nothing has made any difference to this point.

Been a new linux user i would much aperciate any help or suggestions
that anyone could voulenter.

Thanks

Michael

1. Problem with X-Windows while dualbooting Windows XP/Redhat Linux on laptop ?

Dear gentlemen,

I have a Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop, and I have tried to dualboot Windows
xp and Linux on it. I first installed Windows xp, then Linux. But the
problem is that the X-window system does not work when I boot the
machine to Linux after installation. I installed Redhat Linux 7.1. So
I wonder if you might give me some suggestions with respect to this
problem? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hongwei

2. RedHat 7.0 rpm's on RedHat 6.1?

3. specify window position in Sawfish window manager failed

4. Euphoria Tape...Try it with a Lover!

5. KDE 1.1.2: problems positioning windows ...

6. openldap on solaris

7. Problems with Solaris x86 and Viglen PC's?

8. nfswatch 4.2 and Solaris 5.5.1

9. Enlightenment window positioning problem

10. sort keys based on character positions, not field positions?

11. I am trying to configure X-windows on my SMART-TEC laptop, but get some problems.

12. Gateway 2300 Laptop -- X windows problem

13. Toshiba 550CDT laptop X Window display problem