Xconfigurator segmentation fault, I can't configure X

Xconfigurator segmentation fault, I can't configure X

Post by Dav id GUYON MARTI » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have Mandrake 5.2 ( i.e. Red Hat 5.2 ), with XFree86 3.3.3.1
installed.

The Xconfigurator utility crashes after I select my video card: viper550
riva TNT
( segmentation fault, core dump ).

So I tried xf86config, it worked but I only succeed in displaying 16
colors  (despite the DefaultColorDepth 16 in xconfig file )

Any idea ?

Thanks for help

1. XConfigurator segmentation fault

Hi!
I have a some problems on my Mandrake 7.0 installation. I am new to
Linux, hoping slowly to become an expert after learning by doing.
When running Xconfigurator, it comes up with a "Segmentation Fault (Core
Dumped)" message. Can anybody tell me why this happens? After my 1st
installation (not in expert mode), XWindows worked fine, then I tried a
more customized (expert) installation, since then the described problem
occured.
Thanks for any idea!

Igor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. FTP wierdness; two questions

3. PPP 'Divide Error', 'Segmentation Fault'

4. Good ISP that supports Linux

5. Segmentation Fault with 'rcatalk start' (AppleTalk)

6. Q: Networking via the parallel-port

7. Xfilemanager: 'Segmentation fault' (Slackware 3.0)

8. Time log of web page

9. I've read/am reading the faq's - but what is a Segmentation fault?

10. Wvdial: Segmentation fault after installing modem with 'Intel 536ep chipset'.

11. Running make causes 'Segmentation fault'

12. segmentation fault w/core dump using 'who' cmd

13. Problem with KDE (says 'segmentation fault')