window grabber

Post by Emmanuel QUEMENE » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi

I am looking for a window grabber which can grab a truecolor window
(which for example give a JPG file).

I know xwpick but it doesn't work up to 256 colors...

Thanks. Surf-you soon...

Manu

window grabber

Post by Wayne Cochran - » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

|> Hi
|>
|> I am looking for a window grabber which can grab a truecolor window
|> (which for example give a JPG file).
|>
|> I know xwpick but it doesn't work up to 256 colors...
|>
|> Thanks. Surf-you soon...
|>
|> Manu

xv grabs will grab it all baby!

-- wayne
Wayne O. Cochran

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~wcochran
Ecclesiastes 3:11

window grabber

Post by Tom G. Christens » Tue, 08 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>|> Hi
>|>
>|> I am looking for a window grabber which can grab a truecolor window
>|> (which for example give a JPG file).
>|>
>|> I know xwpick but it doesn't work up to 256 colors...
>|>
>|> Thanks. Surf-you soon...
>|>
>|> Manu
>|>

>xv grabs will grab it all baby!
>-- wayne
>Wayne O. Cochran

>http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~wcochran
>Ecclesiastes 3:11

XGrab is a nice grabber too!

I found it at ftp.x.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom G. Christensen

Aalborg Business School
Denmark

1. PMS-grabber : a package for the Pro MovieStudio frame grabber card

The PMS-grabber package has been uploaded to  sunsite.unc.edu
under /pub/Linux/incoming.

PMS-grabber package
===================

The "GNU Public Lincense" policy applies to all programs of this package

main features
=============
* captures frames of the "Pro MovieStudio" frame grabber card
* runs under X-Window in a normal window with various setting options
* online view or capturing of single frames
* arbitrarily resizing of view window (via window manager) (up to 500x500)
* up to 256 colors on display (the upper limit of X-window)
* frame grabbing in rgb555-mode (32768 colors) (24bit TrueColor also possible)
* computing of optimal color palettes from a given image
* popup menu for all option settings of the PMS-card
* popup menu for viewing and editing the registers (only for experiments)
* simple image analyzing tools (with mouse cursor in view window)
* simple save and load functions for ximages, captures and palettes
* comes together with a generally useful X-window package
* a standalone program for displaying saved images that runs without PMS-card
  on any computer with X-window

Begin3
Title:          PMS-grabber
Version:        12/94
Entered-date:   12/94
                sequences from a "Pro MovieStudio" frame grabber card,
                capability of saving and loading image files, computing
                optimized palettes, all controlled from a X-window interface
                life video display, color palette, image processing

Primary-site:   sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/incoming
                92kB PMS-grabber.tgz
                1kB  PMS-grabber.readme
Alternate-site:
Platform:
Copying-policy: GPL
End

2. A funny DiskSuite problem

3. DT3152/3 grabbers - any Linux support?

4. Help! Data recovery from 8mm tape written in dd

5. support for Data Translation 3153 (color frame grabber)?

6. Help: setuid root

7. Frame Grabbers

9. Question: Using bt848 grabber under Redhat 6.0

10. X Screen Grabber

11. CD grabber ?

12. software for matrox pulsar frame grabbers

13. Streets named after programming languages (was Re: IRIS frame grabber docs)