ERROR Wrong KCHARSET

Post by John Jacque » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello can anyone help me fix this? I installed slackware 7.0 and the kde
fonts cannot be resized. Also, when I exit kde there are many "KCHARSET:
wrong charset!" error messages. The same errors accur if I run an X
application in a kde terminal window. The programs appear to run fine, a
bit slow, and no control over the fonts.

I tried fontconfig, but, it didn't have any effect except for the
terminal windows. Also I tried the kde control center, but, nothing
changed either.

Thanks!

1. StarOffice 5 /KDE error message: "KCharset: Wrong charset!" ??

I am having problems with fonts in general, but specifically try to
get StarOffice 5 to start up. It installed ok and I was able to enter
my user info and then it (StarOffice) locked up.
When I checked the xterm login screen, the following message was there
-- I've seen it there before but it hasn't caused me any  _major_
difficulties 'til now.
"KCharset: Wrong charset!"

Running RedHat 5.1 with all updates with an ATI video card.
Any help or suggestions appreciated.

2. Partition Magic installation

3. KCharset - wrong character set errors

4. Why we ship with Perl4 by default - a hopeful end to FUD

5. What is this: KCharset: Wrong charset! (etc.)

6. Network Programming question

7. KCharset: Wrong charset! repost

8. cron jobs did not run after setting system date backward

9. wrong kCharset message upon logout any help?

10. KCharset: Wrong charset!

11. KCharset: Wrong Charset!....?!

12. Kproblem : "KCharset : Wrong charset!"