Motif binary compat.

Post by ern.. » Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:00:00

When I last looked at Motif on Linux two years ago, dynamically-linked
executables were not compatible across Motif vendors (even though the
functionality was the same) As I recall it, some wanted binary
compatibilty to be standarized during the transition from a.out to
ELF.

Are dynamically-linked Motif executables compatible between the
various Motif libraries under Linux? If not, are there any plans by
Motif vendors to achieve compatibility in the near future?

1. Help - problem running MOTIF binary on non-MOTIF Solairs 2.3

We don't have MOTIF quite yet - but when I run a binary of Mosaic 2.1 on
our system I get:-

 Warning:
     Name: menubar
     Class: XmRowColumn
     Illegal mnemonic character;  Could not convert X KEYSYM to a keycode

I put a load of osf Keyborad definitions in:-

 potter<133> fgrep osf /usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB | head -5
 osfCopy                 :1004FF02
 osfCut                  :1004FF03
 osfPaste                :1004FF04
 osfBackTab              :1004FF07
 osfBackSpace            :1004FF08

and this includes an "osfMenuBar" entry:-

 potter<126> osfMenuBar              :1004FF45

Do anyone know what is causing this Warning: - I assume since it mentions
"Could not convert X KEYSYM to a keycode" I need something else in the
/usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB file or another file.
gerry
--
gerry pratt  ---  workstation support  ---  university of keele

  "I want to be a non-conformist - just like everyone else."

2. malloc (was: making a request to IBM)

3. SunOS Oracle in binary compat mode on Solaris

4. Automounter 2.3 changes?

5. 2.5 binary compat?

6. Help needed: Disk Partition Scheme for Multi-boot OS system and Linux

7. Solaris 2.1; Is binary compat. module installed?

8. My Apologies

9. How complete is Tru64 binary compat?

10. aix 5l binary compat?

11. FreeBSD newbie, Kernel compile and Binary compat.

12. RPM/Deb. pkgs & libc binary compat problem

13. XENIX binary compat