ppp

Post by Deadhea » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Anyone know why I might be having problems with pppd on Red Hat summer
release of last year

1. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

I made a trick .. instead of using chat to connect PPP like was in the
books
(that for me doesn't work) I used dip (it's the one that is supposed to be
used with SLIP connections) .. I make a script for dip so it connects using
PPP, and everything goes fine till I connect... After I connect the host
where i'm connected is Okay and everything seems to be Okay. but when I do
I simple ping to my own IP (not localhost but my assigned fixed IP) it says
unable to reach host.. I think the hardest thing to setup in linux is PPP
:( .. geee...

I have the Slackware 3.0 stuff... and I feel like i'm a newbie.. :(

Is out there any better FAQs or How-TOs for the PPP connections ???

bye !

--
 _    ____ ____          _____________________________
| |  |    |  __|         Luis Aranguren Carvajal
| |  | || | |            http://www.ven.net/~pizzaman

|____|_||_|____|         _____________________________

2. How does license works?

3. PPP - sh: /etc/ppp/ppp-on-dialer: Permission denied HELP!

4. Understanding JAIL

5. Ask ppp-on and ppp-on-dialer for ppp connection

6. Need uucp Dialers info - USR Sportster 14.4k

7. ppp-on/ppp-on-dialer/ppp-off???

8. What ports?

9. Scripts for ppp-on, ppp-on-dialer, ppp-off

10. Help: How to get PPP to read /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

11. PPP-ON / PPP-OFF advanced config with multidrop mailbox

12. PPP ping problem; PPP local address?

13. ppp-user - Users can handle PPP easily