X with Cirrus Logic 7548 graphic chip

Post by Max Reis » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I cannot get x started eith this cl 7548 chip(Laptop) as soon as I use
the XF86_SVGA Driver, but everything works fine with XF86_VGA16 (exapt
of course the colors ;-) )
The XF86Config is set up OK as far as I can see.
Any Ideas?

    Max

X with Cirrus Logic 7548 graphic chip

Post by Simon Caldo » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Had a problem setting up my Gateway 2100 Solo with same chipset.

Solved it using the cl5428 driver.

Drop me a line if you want XF86Config copy.

> I cannot get x started eith this cl 7548 chip(Laptop) as soon as I use
> the XF86_SVGA Driver, but everything works fine with XF86_VGA16 (exapt
> of course the colors ;-) )
> The XF86Config is set up OK as far as I can see.
> Any Ideas?

>     Max

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

1. Cirrus Logic 7548

I am having a problem using a Cirrus Logic 7548 Graphics Card on a
Samsung 810 Laptop.  The monitor is a active matrix capable of 800x600.
Using 3.1.2 release the one before 3.1.2G
When I start X I get diffrent results depending on which graphics server
I am using:

For mono the screen looks fine but everything is shifted to the right.
In higher color resolution modes(VGA,or SVGA) the screen repeats itself
and looks real trippy.  The X is very large and has lines through it.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

2. Command of checking harddisk space

3. XFree86-3.3 and Cirrus Logic 7548

4. soft partitions in volume manager, how to recover?

5. need help with cirrus logic 7548

6. Q: InDepth user monitoring ?!

7. SUCCESS: XFree86-3.3.3 and Cirrus Logic 7548 on my laptop

8. Executing a shell script on a remote machine

9. cirrus logic gd 7548 and xfree version 4.x

10. Cirrus Logic 7548 PCI [FR]

11. cirrus 7548 chip set

12. X and Cirrus 7548 Chips...

13. Support for Cirrus Logic GD754X graphics chip?