Xfree 86 with Redhat 5.1 on NEC Versa LX

Xfree 86 with Redhat 5.1 on NEC Versa LX

Post by Kai Hu » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I'm having problems getting X to run on my notebook.  I've tried the
Mach64 X server with no success.  I can get an overlapping display if I
use the SVGA server??.  The notebook uses an ATI Rage Pro LT chipset.  I
am running Redhat 5.1.  Any help would be appreciated.

1. x.86 on a NEC Versa - installation question

Hello:

I am trying to install x.86 Solaris on a NEC Versa (on their list of
known working hardware platforms) laptop.

I have a new 1 GB drive installed and the laptop has 20 MB of ram. I
have a SCSI card from Adaptec and it is installed in port one (the lower
one).

It appears that when using the boot disk to start the program that
without card services running, I can not use the pcmcia scsi controller.
I must put the laptop into a docking station with a SCSI controller
there and then connect my CD drive to the controller.

Is this right or have I missed something somewhere?

Kevin Greene

2. [RESUBMIT] Sysfs based watchdog infrastructure

3. RedHat 5.1 on NEC Versa 6050MX

4. boot problems for slackware

5. XFree-86 and NEC 2A

6. PIDs and shell scripts question

7. XFree 86 (Ver. 3.2-5 (RedHat 4.1)) and AST Ascentia 900N (Laptop)

8. goto like functionality in KSH ?

9. Function keys programation under Xfree 86 R 3.3.6 / KDE 2 / RedHat 6.2

10. ATI 128, Redhat 5.2 and XFree 86 3.3.6

11. NEC Versa LX, X server setup problems

12. Trying to install linux on NEC Versa LX notebook - cardbus doesn't work??

13. xwindow on NEC versa LX