suse 7.1+ riva tnt2

Post by Taavi Hei » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:42:27

I installed suse 7.1 yesterday on my computer, but I have this strange
problem wit x -- it just dies after random intervals (10min. - 2hrs.), but
the problem is, it halts the entire computer (at least keyboard, mouse and
display). I downloaded the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com (drivers for
suse7.1), but that only got 3D working, the system still dies after random
intervals, what could be the problem?

--

Registered Linux user #209546
Registered Linux machine #97395

PS. computer conf:
--
======
Hardware:

128MB RAM (2x64MB, 100MHz+133MHz)
Creative VideoBlaster RivaTNT M64 with 32MB videoRAM
Creative SoundBlaster 128PCI OEM
Genius GM56PCI-L fax/voice modem card (K56flex/v.90)
    (linmodem <smile>)
A-Corp PCI Ethernet
20GB Quantum Fireball HDD
10GB Quantum Fireball HDD
NEC 40x CD-ROM
NEC 1.44MB FDD
LG Studioworks 575N monitor
BTC Estonian layout (+W95 keys) PS2 keyboard
Logitech ps2 wheel mouse (M-S48a?)
Xerox XJ6C Color InkJet printer
======
Currently running:
Microsoft Windows 98SE
on 10GB HDD
and Caldera LinuxTechnologyPreview 2.4.2-modular
and SuSE 7.1 2.4
on 20GB HDD (125MB for swap, 9+G caldera:/, 9+G suse:/)
using loadlin too boot.
======

1. SuSe 7.2 makes SuSe 7.1 look like beta software and Mandrake 8 like alpha.

Hey guys I just finished installing SuSe 7.2 personal edition which I
picked up at CompUSA today. I got to say that even though I was a Mandrake
fan I am about to switch loyalties and become a SuSe fan. right now I don't
no where to start but everything about SuSe 7.2 just screams ready for
prime time. Installation was one of the slickest looking Linux  installs I
have every seen. It beats Mandrake hands down and makes windoze look very
outdated.

SuSe 7.2 is fast and stable and every thing from my Creative Live Drive (
which Mandrake never ever detected ) to my NIC 3COM 3c905-TX card was
detected and worked from the start. I updated via SuSe's online update tool
which handled everything automaticly ( I was to lazy to do it manually )
and flawlessly.  Am happy to say that SuSe has won me over and M$ better
watch it's back because if other distro's start looking and acting like
SuSe then it's going to run into a lot of problems in upcoming years from
now.

P.S. The only flaw I find with SuSe is that they make it very diffuclt find
and download the free version. Now am going to see if I can install this on
an old Packard Bell P5 200 mhz system I got laying around here somewhere.
Oh yeah here are my specs of my current system :

AMD 1.2 ghz cpu

Asus A7M 761 motherboard

512 DDR-SDRAM

64mb DDR-SDRAM LeadTek WinFast Geforce 2 GTS Pro card

Creative Sound Blaster X-Gamer sound card

Creative LiveDrive bay

3COM 3c905-TX NIC

IBM 75GXP  60gb hardrive

Maxtor Quantum FireBall 13.6 XL harddrive

2. pppd & secure servers?

3. SuSE 7.0 geht => SuSE 7.1 jetzt nich mehr

4. how to update to kde 1.1.2???

5. Leadtek S320 II Ultra (TNT2 Ultra), Redhat 7.1, and Nvidia Driver problem

6. Driver for Compaq NetFlex 3/P Network Card?

7. RedHat 7.1 on a Dell Optiplex GX110 1GHz Proc/TNT2 video no OpenGL

8. Terminal change to 18 rows after patching

9. Default font size for nv driver of RH 7.1 for Nvidia TNT2 M64

10. Riva TNT2 problem with Linux

11. Clueless gamer needs help running Quake 3 on RIVA TNT2

12. NVIDIA Riva TNT2 questions

13. package for NVIDA RIVA TNT2 video driver