How to prevent xsetroot from tiling?

Post by Omar Francis » Tue, 09 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to prevent xsetroot from tiling a image?

Omar Francisco

Post by Warwick Allis » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>Does anyone know how to prevent xsetroot from tiling a image?

Two solutions:

        1. Make a huge image that fills the root window - a waste of memory
        2. Write a program that replaces the root window widgets
                (the program must keep running to maintain it)

I think the Qt library (http://www.troll.no/) has an example of
how to do this, but I'm not sure.

--
Warwick
--

/     * <- Comp Sci Department, McD: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s002434/mcl.html
\_.-._/    Univ. of Queensland, POV: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s002434/pov.html

1. how to prevent prevent .so-calling routine to crash from segfaults in .so

Hi,

Guys I am stuck with a problem and need some help.

Platform     : Linux(RedHat 7.3)
Problem Area : Dynamic Shared Object Libraries, POSIX Threads
glibc        : 2.96

Problem:
=======
The Scenario is such that I have made a module which call a .so file
in a new thread and executes it. The .so file has to be provided by
the end-user and if that .so gives any runtime-error(SEGFAULTS), the
whole process terminates i.e. all the threads executing .so files and
more importantly my .so-calling module, which I dont want to be
terminated.

so ***IS THERE ANY WAY THAT MY SO-CALLING MODULE DOES NOT TERMINATE
DUE TO SOME SEGFAULTS IN A .SO FILE WRITTEN BY THE END-USER OF MY
MODULE?***.

Any relevant comment will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Nabeel Shaheen
Sir Syed Research Labs
nabsha[at]UNIssuet.edu.pk (remove capitals)

2. Problem Compiling Perl 5.003

3. XWindow TILING...

4. telnet - redirecting standard input

5. SNMP PERL %tile graphing

6. traceroute -g for Linux?

7. HELP:Background pix for fvwm-95 (tile)

8. kshWeb, shell curses, kshEvents

9. Changing the tiles on the appbar for TkDesk

10. Retry: 860cse thinkpad and window tiling.

11. 360cse Thinkpad and window tiling.

12. TILE windows

13. Windowmaker 0.62.1 and dock/tile xpm's