libjpeg

Post by Matthew Sel » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

why is libjpeg only available for download in the rpm format?

does anyone know where i can get it in tar.gz style?

thanks

matthew

--
Matthew Sell
Parallel Applications Centre

tel: +44 1703 760834
fax: +44 1703 760833

http://www.pac.soton.ac.uk/

libjpeg

Post by Ed Shafe » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> why is libjpeg only available for download in the rpm format?

> does anyone know where i can get it in tar.gz style?

I had the same problem finding it, but for some reason it is not named
libjpeg.tar.gz...
what you want is here:

ftp://ftp.enlightenment.org/pub/enlightenment/enlightenment/jpegsrc.v...

I think libjpeg is also included with imlib (you might already have it
and not know it).

regards,
ed

libjpeg

Post by jaco » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

ftp://ftp.sgi.com/not sure where exactly, probably libs/graphics/jpeg
etc

>  why is libjpeg only available for download in the rpm format?

> does anyone know where i can get it in tar.gz style?

> thanks

> matthew

> --
> Matthew Sell
> Parallel Applications Centre
> 2 Venture Road, Chilworth
> Southampton, SO16 7NP, UK

> tel: +44 1703 760834
> fax: +44 1703 760833

> http://www.pac.soton.ac.uk/

libjpeg

Post by Hap » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

download alien and it will convert it from rpm to tgz for you

alien -t rpmfile

> ftp://ftp.sgi.com/not sure where exactly, probably libs/graphics/jpeg
> etc

> >  why is libjpeg only available for download in the rpm format?

> > does anyone know where i can get it in tar.gz style?

> > thanks

> > matthew

> > --
> > Matthew Sell
> > Parallel Applications Centre
> > 2 Venture Road, Chilworth
> > Southampton, SO16 7NP, UK

> > tel: +44 1703 760834
> > fax: +44 1703 760833

> > http://www.pac.soton.ac.uk/

1. libjpeg 6b does not make any libjpeg.so.6

When I make libjpeg, it works fine.  No errors and stuff.  But it doesn't
make a libjpeg.so.6 which should go into /usr/local/lib.
I need this file for the linker (Window Maker).  I got the latest version
from ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg.

Did anyone get this right?

Thanks, Rene Blais.

2. Installation pkgs like InstallShield

3. libtiff.so, libjpeg.so, etc. for ImageMagick

4. clock & warnings

5. libjpeg.so.6a available in binary form?

6. ForwardScanTextBuffer() argument ordering problem...

7. better libjpeg possible ?

8. Solaris 2.x vs SunOS4.x

9. Where to get libjpeg.so.62?

10. libjpeg error. type 61 vs type 62

11. Where can I get libjpeg.so.6 to run xv ?

12. libjpeg.so.62 in SuSE 6.3

13. libjpeg error on kde 1.1