How-To ReMap mouse bindings?

Post by Nick Papadoni » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello.

Was wondering if anyone knew how to remap mouse bindings?

I want to take one of my mouse buttons, and turn
it into a 'draglock' when clicked.

Any insight appreciated.

- Nick

1. Remapping mouse events in CDE

Sorry if this is a little off topic - I tried posting to the CDE group
with no success.

Here's my question:

I have a two button mouse which I really want to use with CDE for
ergonomic reasons (it's the foot operated no-hands mouse). I need
button-two for pasting and XEmacs. Is there any way in X or the window
manager that I can map shift-button1 to button2?

I have read through the documentation on dtwmrc and I see that I can map
shift<Btn2Down> to window manager controls, but what I don't see
anything like "f.paste".

I've come across references for xkb, which might help me, but I think
it's not installed on my workstation (Solaris 2.6 - old, I know
I don't have root on this machine.)

I typed the sequence to turn xkb on, and it didn't seem to work.

Also - I can't use button-1 and button-2 simultaneously because of a
mechanical restriction of the mouse (pedal forward is button one, pedal
backward is button3).

 Thanks for any help. You are saving my elbow!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How to receive mail when the my (behind the firewall)local news server is down

3. FWD: Re: ps2 mouse remapping keyboard

4. compiling fsck up ..

5. Windowmaker - How do I... (mouse remap)

6. X-Windows

7. Remapping second and third mouse buttons?

8. Low cost x86 SBC.

9. Remap mouse buttons to keys?

10. ps2 mouse remapping keyboard

11. HOW-TO: Gyration wireless Mouse/Keyboard Combo under SuSE Linux 8.x

12. Mouse bindings

13. mapping key bindings to mouse buttons