XServer for Matrox MGA Ultima/Impression wanted

XServer for Matrox MGA Ultima/Impression wanted

Post by Stefan Griesse » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

        Is Matrox MGA Ultima/Impression currently supported by XFree86? If so,
which is the Server and which is the configuration I'd have to use.
If not, is there anyone working on a Server/Driver?

I'd really be able to use this card also under X, so far the only
resolution I can get (with SVGA driver) is 320x200 which is kind of
disappointing... :-(

Please also email answers.

Thanks,

Stefan

  Innstrasse 44       ,,,  http://www.uni-passau.de/~griesser
  D-94032 Passau     (.~.)
-----------------oOO--(_)--OOo---------------------------------

Post by Andrew Vanderstoc » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Hello,

>         Is Matrox MGA Ultima/Impression currently supported by XFree86? If so,
> which is the Server and which is the configuration I'd have to use.
> If not, is there anyone working on a Server/Driver?

> I'd really be able to use this card also under X, so far the only
> resolution I can get (with SVGA driver) is 320x200 which is kind of
> disappointing... :-(

We currently don't support the Atlas/Ultima/Impression/Mystique. We have
a few Mystique developers, but as yet no documentation from MGA (it's
coming soon :-). MGA have been very good to us, helping us out in the
tricky moments but they haven't made up their minds about releasing the
documentation to the earlier cards. We have a guy on a DEC Alpha on our
team with an Atlas, and some work started, but without the all important
documentation, we can't complete it.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

1. Request for Comments Matrox Impression/Compaq QVision1280+p/MGA Impression XFree86

Hello I've been attempting to get the CompaqQvison/1280+P graphics controller working
with X 3.1.2 on Linux 1.2.13. I'm using a Compaq 151FS Monitor which supports
1280x1024. Compaq doesn't lend any information due to proprietary information which
turns out not to even be theirs but is Matrox information. Matrox Impression was what
a Compaq Tech told me to look for but that turned up Zip.
I know this card will run with a mono or a 64 bit driver but I need the modelins and
the clocks.

Any information or comments welcome I simply want to get this working.
I'm a poor student who just cant aford 100$ for the Xinsides Server which is the only
X that supports this card to my knowledge.

Cordially;
Richard Welch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        **EMail Info**

**Summer/96 Contact Information**
% Mr Mrs Andrews RR HCR 72 BOX 30
NewPortland, ME 04954 ph:207-628-3377
**End of Summer and School Address for 96/97**
298 & 1/2 Broadway 2nd Floor
Providence, RI 02903 ph:401-272-4569
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Why failing sendto/send transmit complete datagram/packet anyway??

3. Video card MATROX ULTIMA/IMPRESSION

4. kdm vs xdm

5. Matrox Ultima/Impression

6. Contact Manager for solaris 7

7. Matrox MGA Ultima Plus 200 - Manual?

8. kmail and large mails

9. Matrox MGA Impression + - will it or won't it?

10. Matrox MGA Impression Plus (2Mb)Config problem

11. Matrox MGA Impressions Plus

12. Matrox MGA Impression Plus