what is mode line input for 1186x862 in framebuffer console

what is mode line input for 1186x862 in framebuffer console

Post by Y Che » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello, there,
as title.
Thanks ahead.

1. Setting modes in framebuffer console

This question has probably been answered before, but anyway...

I've just started fiddling with the vesafb stuff in the 2.4.x kernels,
and have run into a problem...

It seems that no matter what I put into the lilo.conf
(at the moment: vga=0x315), the console switches *back* into the very
useless 80x30 lines, 640x480x60 Hz mode.

Is there anyway to get this to work w/out having to use fbset ?
fbset -g 800 600 800 600 8 -t 22272 40 24 15 9 144 12 -hsync high
gives me exactly what I want, but it is annoying having to su, run
that for every TTY...

Any advice ?
Can I put fbset somewhere in the startup sequence so that the above is
automatically loaded ?

Thanks in advance...
--
ask not what you can do for your country,
ask what your country did to you.

2. emulation things

3. Setting modes for framebuffer console

4. Help on dip

6. Moving Data Disk From 1043 to F50

7. 25/50 Line Console Mode

8. Upgrade price: x86 2.1 -> 2.4?

9. Clearing up console in line-draw character mode

10. 50-line console mode

11. Linux console mode - more than 25 lines?

12. Merging keyboard input with serial console input?

13. awk-outputting input line in specified output line