matrox millenium II / DRI problem

Post by Jeremy Savo » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 06:38:36

I have a RedHat 7.0 based system with a Matrox Millenium II video card
using the XFree 4.0.1 server that shipped with RedHat 7.0 but dri will
not enable. Here is the output of the X server near where drm/dri has
problems:

(==) MGA(0): Write-combining range (0xf6000000,0x400000)
(--) MGA(0): 64 DWORD fifo
(==) MGA(0): Default visual is TrueColor
(II) MGA(0): [drm] Sarea 2176+624: 2800
[drm] failed to load kernel module "mga"
(EE) MGA(0): [drm] DRIScreenInit Failed
(II) MGA(0): Using 956 lines for offscreen memory.
(II) MGA(0): Using XFree86 Acceleration Architecture (XAA)
 Screen to screen bit blits
 Solid filled rectangles
 Solid filled trapezoids
 8x8 mono pattern filled rectangles
 8x8 mono pattern filled trapezoids
 Indirect CPU to Screen color expansion
 Screen to Screen color expansion
 Solid Lines
 Dashed Lines
 Scanline Image Writes
 Offscreen Pixmaps
 Driver provided FillCacheBltRects replacement
 Setting up tile and stipple cache:
  32 128x128 slots
  7 256x256 slots
(==) MGA(0): Backing store disabled
(==) MGA(0): Silken mouse enabled

I am running the 2.4.1 linux kernel and it is configured with
/dev/agpgart support and DRI support under character devices, and the
only chipset support under either of these I have selected is for Matrox
g200/g400 under DRI ( mga.o ). Anybody have any ideas on this??

matrox millenium II / DRI problem

Post by lobotom » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:49:04

The Millennium II does not have any DRI support.  It is only supported,
both by the kernel and XFree86, for AGP Matrox cards with modern 3d cores
(G200/G400/G450).  Since there is no 3d support for the Millennium II
anyway, you don't really lose anything by not having DRI--2d should be
just fine without it.

--
PC Chips actually goes by many names. PCChips = Ability = Alton = Amptron =
Aristo = Asia Gate = Asiatech = Assa = Atrend = Elpina = Eurone = Fugu =

1. Problem: Matrox Millenium II + XFree 3.3.2 SVGA-Server + MesaGL = deadly slow.

Hi!

I use a Matrox Millenium II 4MB with XFree 3.3.2 SVGA-server.
I am nearly happy with the speed and quality of the graphics, nearly...

I have some programs which use the MesaGL-library. These programs
are simple unusable due to the very slow """speed""" of the graphics.

What happens here? Should I configure something other? Is there a trick?

*** PLEASE HELP! ***

Thank you very much for any help in advance.

and remove JAMES before delivery -- I am normally not reading
newsgroups. Thank you!

KEEP HACKING!
meino

2. include buffer_head.h in actual users instead of fs.h (7/10)

3. Matrox Millenium II AGP Linux Red Hat 5.0 Config problem

4. Problem: xinit: X server low to shut down, ...

5. Matrox Millenium II problem with XFree4.0

6. X-Window Configuration

7. AcceleratedX and Matrox Millenium II problems

8. fwbuilder 2.0.10 for solaris 10 available

9. Problems with Matrox Millenium II

10. Matrox Millenium II AGP Problems

11. Matrox Millenium II problem(s)?

12. Problems with Matrox Millenium II G200

13. Matrox Millenium II crashes system!