RH52 & XFree 3.3.3.1-1.1 Problems with funky scrunched display

1. Problems - ATI Xpert@Play and XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1

Using XF86Setup to generate XF86Config runs OK till it comes time to test
the configuration. Then it gives me nothing but hash and a blurred display,
regardless of the resolution/color depth. I've checked and re-checked, read
the README's, Release Notes, FAQ's. I'm not doing anything fancy - generic
101 keyboard, Logitech Marble FX trackball using PS/2 driver, any
resolution/color depth gratefully accepted. The Mach64 server is supposed to
work with this video card!!!
The only time anything affects the hash is if I set the options
"no_program_clocks", "no_bios_clocks", and "override_bios", then provide a
Modeline for standard 640x480 and a Clocks line. I get a stable and crisp
display now. However, what appears is 1/3 of the normal display repeated 3
times. Three vertical strips all containing the identical portion of the
display. But it's rock steady and as clear as a bell. If anyone out there
has one running, please help. Send XF86Config files, guesses, documents to
read, names. I really want to get this one running. BTW, this card works
beautifully under NT 4.0.
Thanks in advance,
TJ

2. SIGKILL of CGI

3. gtk+-1.1.2 install problem

4. oops on boot w/ lvm root & xfs

5. gtk+-1.1.12 installation problem

6. Yellowdog linux 2.3

7. prob w/ bind-4.9.6-1.1 (RedHat 4.2 rpm)

8. Help With Logical Volumes

9. Compile SMTP-PROXY -1.1.3 with gcc 2.95.3

10. guile-gtk and gtk+-1.1.13

11. XFree86 3.3.3.1-1.1 total system crash with SVGA Server w/ TNT

12. Installing PATCH GTK+-1.1.15-1.1.16

13. KDE -1.1.2 upgrade not quite working