how to get a list of willing X-hosts when I start X?

how to get a list of willing X-hosts when I start X?

Post by Denes Molna » Sun, 26 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have my PC with Linux Slackware 2.0 connected to a local network via
PPP. I would like to get a menu with all the available hosts (that offer
an X-session) to choose from when I start X. Some people suggested 'xdm'.
I have read the manual but, as far as I can see, xdm is only useful for
the opposite, to allow others to run x-sessions on MY machine (or to pass
their queries to other machines). Does anyone know how to do it?

Thank you very much for any help,

Denes Molnar

1. Wish List - What are you willing to BUY?

Since I have received no responses, I must assume that there are no
products that Linux users would be wiiling to pay for.  So we
commercial programmers will have to follow the herd to M$ (much as I
regret that).  Am I wrong here?

Marc Donovan
10-4 Systems
Office Wizard - Office Management System
AMS - Pesticide Tracking System
www.OfficeWizard.com

2. setting up a second server on a running apache

3. ntohs()

4. getting the virtual host list

5. NAT Masquerading Question

6. getting a list of virtual hosts

7. Project Manager?

8. Would anyone be willing to host a second kernel.org site?

9. Banning outbound connection to host list except for some few hosts

10. Apache 2.0.x virtual host ALWAYS beings up the FIRST host in the list..

11. !!Getting rid of auto start programs at start/Dialing up freeserve!!

12. Process start when host start