Suse 5.3 KDE crash HELP

Post by William McGrat » Sun, 11 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I've recently upgraded my video card to a riva TNT.  Now whenever I try to
boot SUSE linux 5.3 I get a crash upon boot - I had Yast setup to run X /
KDE automatically upon boot.

Can anyone tell me how to stop the bootup process from running X/KDM?  Which
file I edit?  This sounds like such a silly problem but I haven't been able
to track down the problem.  Once I keep KDE from running on boot I'll be
able to setup SAX to my new video card.....

Thanks and email to :

--
___
Sean McGrath, RN, BSN, CCRN

http://home.att.net/~seanmcgrath/
My ICQ # is 7466420
".....Nurses heal the World....."

1. help getting kde running in SuSE 5.3

I recently found out about KDE and thought it looked nice.  I then realized
that I already have KDE on my SuSE 5.3 cd, so I decided to dump redhat and
go to SuSE.  But now I am having problems getting KDE running.  Before
running it I need to have xfree86 set up, so I went in to configure that.
Now, after configuring it, I am getting an error telling me that the
xf86config file isn't a binary file.  I ran the setup 3 times and get the
same thing every time.  Does anyone know what's going on?  I can't seem to
figure it out.

2. SMB client problem

3. SuSe 5.3 crashes hard during install of Star Office 5.1

4. newbie BeoWulf cluster question

5. How stable is Linux?===> Gimp as example KDE SuSE 5.3

6. X-Windows from Home?

7. Kde 1.1 with Suse 5.3

8. Spaces in directory names & script

9. SuSE 5.3 and KDE

10. SuSe 5.3: upgrade to KDE 1.1

11. cannot run kde in S.u.S.E. 5.3

12. Running Netscape from KDE in SuSe 5.3

13. SuSE Linux 5.3 + KDE hangs