Odd mouse behavior

Post by Tyson Oswal » Fri, 31 May 2002 09:07:55

I have Mandrake 8.2 and I am having an issue with the mouse in X Windows.
When I first boot X-Windows it works great for about an hour.  Then after
an hour I am unable to use the scroll bars, or drag windows.  To fix it I
just restart x-widnows.  This can be a pain if i'm downloading a 600 meg
file.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong. It doesn't
sound to me like a mouse protocol problem, if it works fine for an hour or
so.  BTW I am using a Logitech Cordless Mouseman off a KVM switch.  The
machine is an Athlon 600mhz, with 384 meg or RAM and 30 gigs of HD, all
running on a ASUS MB. I have also tried Gnome and KDE with the same results.

thanks
Tyson Oswald

1. Odd Mouse Behaviour

System is a VTech Platinum NCP Pro Series
2 x 200 MMX processors
64 Mb RAM
MS 2 button serial mouse
33.6 ext USR modem
RH6.2

This is a fresh/clean install (not that old either) where once every
couple of days or so the mouse seems to take on a life of its' own. When
this happens the mouse pointer does not follow mouse movement (I move
mouse left pointed goes up/down/right - anywhere but where I move the
mouse), 'clicks' are performed without the mouse button being depressed,
and of course it becomes impossible to do anything but hit the reset
button.

Everything else seems to be working fine, any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Ahh.....Unix.

3. Odd mouse behaviour in Afterstep etc

4. IBM Techlib CDs

5. very odd USB mouse behavior

6. Kernel update query??

7. odd three button emulation behavior with old MS bus mouse

8. Probs:Gnome 1.0, aclocal, Esd, cd's, compile errors, dumping core, etc

9. Odd Logitech Bus Mouse Behavior in X and GPM

10. gnome mouse-click behaviour odd

11. odd three button emulation behavior with old MS bus mouse

12. i810-tco : odd behavior, odd driver ?

13. Weird mouse behaviour w/ XFree86 3.3.2 and Logitech PS/2 mouse