#9 Motion graphics card

Post by Joe Kis » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I'm in the process of purchasing a new server for Umass.  I've set up
several linux servers, however I've always used Diamond's Stealth 64 for the
video card in all these systems.  The system I'm purchasing comes normally
equipped with a #9 Motion video card, unfortunatly I am unable to find
support for this card in the linux hardware howto.  Which I realize doesn't
mean much since the copy I looked at was dated sometime in '95.  Could
someone shed light on if Xfree86 will get runnning with one of these (in
accelerated mode)?  Also if there is any other card which surpasses the
rest, I am very much open to suggestions as to which video card to purchase.

Thanks

-Joe

#9 does support Linux (and vice-versa).  XFree86 3.1.2E supports just about
all the #9 cards (I think the drivers for the I128 are still being worked on).
They're S3 968(?) based cards, and they don't do too many funky things with
the registers, unlike Diamond.

The speed is excellent, price is good, and I drive past #9 on my way to work.
Grab the Motion 771 with 2MB RAM.

-Mark

--

Credo quia absurdum est - "I believe because it is absurd"

1. Configuring Linux on IBM Thinkpad i 1250 with TFT monitor and Silicon Motion Graphics card

Hello everyone , Im a novice with linux, I installed Turbo linux workstation
v 6 on my thinkpad i 1250 with a Silicon Motion SMI    Lynx EM+ , 4 Mb
graphics card if only runs in 8 bit color . I loved the interface and would
like to know how to run it 1) Using full colour   2) with sound
Any feed back would be highly appreciated.

Can anyone tell me if there is an internet based data base having sucussful
intallations for different systems like eg , for and ibm thinkpad i 1250  ,
or a compaq presario 1230 etc  So one can download it , If not is there
anyone intersted in setting up such a webpage ? Maybe we can make it our
business and sell them on CD's email for more info

Thanks,
Sherif Kamel

2. putting base/RPMS etc on CD - what format and filestructure?

3. #9FX Motion 531 Graphics Card

4. PPP problems: now I've got a debug file =)

5. #9 Motion 771 Graphics card woes

6. xxevent help

7. #9FX Motions Graphics Accelerator and AWE32 Sound Card

8. a2ps 4.8.2 -- ASCII to PostScript filter

9. #9FX Motion 531 Graphics Card

10. openGL Graphics card/all around graphics card recommendations?

11. # 9 FX Motion Graphics Accelerator???

12. ATI Graphics Pro turbo or Number Nine 9FX Motion 771

13. Silicon Motion SM810 LynxE graphic chip