Cirrus logic CL-GD5434

Post by jobin.. » Thu, 02 May 1996 04:00:00

I have a problem when i am in 16 bpp on my computer with
16Mb of ram. I Read README.cirrus and they say that it is
impossible to do linear addressing with a system with more
then 14Mb of ram. It is the first time that have less ram is
better!!?? I tried Accelerated-X and it's works fine, but i
don't want to pay this software. I got Salckware 3.0. So what
i do????
TIA

Geo

Cirrus logic CL-GD5434

Post by Sibel & Ilker Tar » Tue, 07 May 1996 04:00:00

> I have a problem when i am in 16 bpp on my computer with
> 16Mb of ram. I Read README.cirrus and they say that it is
> impossible to do linear addressing with a system with more
> then 14Mb of ram. It is the first time that have less ram is
> better!!?? I tried Accelerated-X and it's works fine, but i
> don't want to pay this software. I got Salckware 3.0. So what
> i do????
> TIA

> Geo

I have a CL-GD5434 with 2MB video RAM in my pentium 100 with 24MB RAM.
After putting "option linear" statement on devices section, i have been
running X in 16 bpp for about 8 months iwithout any problem. (BTW: I am
still using the X version in slackware 3.0, did not upgrade to D)

Ilker