Programming in X/GTK--

Post by Marcus Brubake » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I am looking to start programming in X.  I located GTK and I think that
is what I am going to use (I am still open to suggestions of course).
When I took a quick glance at the GTK Tutorial it noted something about
GTK--, a version of GTK for C++.  I poked around the GTK site but I
couldn't find anything else referencing GTK--.  Where could I locate
GTK-- or info on it, or does it even exist (vaporware?)?  Also, if there
is any notable documentation on GTK other than the stuff on the site, I
would appreciate a URL or book name.  Thanks.

Marcus Brubaker

http://spoon.home.ml.org/personal

Programming in X/GTK--

Post by Frank Hofman » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

: I am looking to start programming in X.  I located GTK and I think that
: is what I am going to use (I am still open to suggestions of course).
: When I took a quick glance at the GTK Tutorial it noted something about
: GTK--, a version of GTK for C++.  I poked around the GTK site but I
: couldn't find anything else referencing GTK--.  Where could I locate
: GTK-- or info on it, or does it even exist (vaporware?)?  Also, if there
: is any notable documentation on GTK other than the stuff on the site, I
: would appreciate a URL or book name.  Thanks.

See:
        http://www.cs.tut.fi/~p150650/gtk/gtk--.html
or look at the Links page of www.gimp.org.

Bye,
Frank

1. GTK guru -> program crashes complaining about gtk.......

Must I do more than install gtk12 from the ports to be able to install
Netscape-6.2, as far as gtk is concerned ?

That is, must I also install other gtk-related ports such as
gtk-engines, to render gtk fully functional ?

I realize that this relates to what a program is attempting, but my
question is.....is gtk12 fully functional or is it part of a suite that
must be installed to provide "typical" gtk functionality ?

I'm getting a gtk related error on Netscape install attempt........

        Gtk-CRITICAL     **: FILE GTKWIDGET.C: LINE 1510
        (gtk_widget_hide): assertion `widget != NULL' failed.
        Segmentation fault - core dumped.

Appreciatively,
Courtney

2. Discussion Forum Software for Apache?

3. GTK for shell scripts: the gtk-server

4. Help - PCMCIA Ethernet Card

5. Problems compiling Gtk-0.5120 and Gtk-Perl-0.6123

6. freebsd 4.0 vs 3.0???

7. Missing gtk-config while blding gvim w/ gtk

8. Missing Key - RS6000 - Need Maint - Fix Bootlist

9. GTK and GTK+

10. rpm problems: gtk vs gtk+

11. xfce installation, gtk vs gtk+

12. guile-gtk and gtk+-1.1.13