NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by ?yvind Borgenho » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00



I'm trying out the latest release of the 2.4.0-kernel. It compiles
and runs like it should.

But when trying to compile the NVdriver (0.9-5) from Nvidia I get these
unresolved symbols:
mem_map_inc_count
mem_map_dec_count
put_module_symbol
get_module_symbol

The first two symbols are removed in kernel 2.4.0-test10,
and the second two are removed in kernel 2.4.0-test11

I found a workaround at dejanews for the first two:
#define mem_map_inc_count(p) atomic_inc(&(p->count))
#define mem_map_dec_count(p) atomic_dec(&(p->count))

..but does anyone know of a similar workaround for the last two symbols?

The reason I need the test11-kernel is that test10 fails to initialize
my NIC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (not only by me i guess :)

?yvind

--


| HP     : http://www.vaggen.net/~oyvindb/ | Faximile  : +47 22 70 45 01 |

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by Neil Golstei » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Well I'm not a programmer but I looked at module.h and saw they took out
those functions, so I edited os-interface.c, at line 1354, putting
comment symbols around the lines, as follows:

/*    symbol_value = get_module_symbol(NV_MODULE_NAME, symbol_name);  */

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2, 4, 0)
/*    put_module_symbol(symbol_value);  */

Or you could just delete them.  Then run make again.  I don't know what
the difference is but it works.



> I'm trying out the latest release of the 2.4.0-kernel. It compiles and
> runs like it should.

> But when trying to compile the NVdriver (0.9-5) from Nvidia I get these
> unresolved symbols: mem_map_inc_count mem_map_dec_count
> put_module_symbol get_module_symbol

> The first two symbols are removed in kernel 2.4.0-test10,  and the
> second two are removed in kernel 2.4.0-test11

> I found a workaround at dejanews for the first two:
> #define mem_map_inc_count(p) atomic_inc(&(p->count))
> #define mem_map_dec_count(p) atomic_dec(&(p->count))

> ..but does anyone know of a similar workaround for the last two symbols?

> The reason I need the test11-kernel is that test10 fails to initialize
> my NIC.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated (not only by me i guess :)

> ?yvind


 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by Max Lungarell » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00



> Well I'm not a programmer but I looked at module.h and saw they took out
> those functions, so I edited os-interface.c, at line 1354, putting
> comment symbols around the lines, as follows:

> /*    symbol_value = get_module_symbol(NV_MODULE_NAME, symbol_name);  */

> #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2, 4, 0)
> /*    put_module_symbol(symbol_value);  */

> Or you could just delete them.  Then run make again.  I don't know what
> the difference is but it works.



> > I'm trying out the latest release of the 2.4.0-kernel. It compiles and
> > runs like it should.

> > But when trying to compile the NVdriver (0.9-5) from Nvidia I get these
> > unresolved symbols: mem_map_inc_count mem_map_dec_count
> > put_module_symbol get_module_symbol

> > The first two symbols are removed in kernel 2.4.0-test10,  and the
> > second two are removed in kernel 2.4.0-test11

> > I found a workaround at dejanews for the first two:
> > #define mem_map_inc_count(p) atomic_inc(&(p->count))
> > #define mem_map_dec_count(p) atomic_dec(&(p->count))

> > ..but does anyone know of a similar workaround for the last two symbols?

> > The reason I need the test11-kernel is that test10 fails to initialize
> > my NIC.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated (not only by me i guess :)

> > ?yvind

this workaround doesn't work in my case, what a pity. i still get the
unresolved symbol ...
?yvind did it work in your case?

bests.
        max

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by ?yvind Borgenho » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00


| this workaround doesn't work in my case, what a pity. i still get the
| unresolved symbol ...
| ?yvind did it work in your case?

Unfortunately not. I got some new unresolved symbols after this.
I think I'll live with the test-10-kernel, which I now have configured to
meet my needs.

I've sent a mail to Nvidia, asking them about updated source code for the
driver. No answer yet.

Oyvind

--


| HP     : http://www.vaggen.net/~oyvindb/ | Faximile  : +47 22 70 45 01 |

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by MrApath » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:47:24


ive tried using test 11 and got the same thing
documented the errors and ton of other stuff sent it to nvidia
did you get test 10 to work without errors?
-MrApathy



> | this workaround doesn't work in my case, what a pity. i still get the
> | unresolved symbol ...
> | ?yvind did it work in your case?

> Unfortunately not. I got some new unresolved symbols after this.
> I think I'll live with the test-10-kernel, which I now have configured to
> meet my needs.

> I've sent a mail to Nvidia, asking them about updated source code for the
> driver. No answer yet.

> Oyvind

> --


> | HP     : http://www.vaggen.net/~oyvindb/ | Faximile  : +47 22 70 45 01 |

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by ?yvind Borgenho » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:14:11


| ive tried using test 11 and got the same thing
| documented the errors and ton of other stuff sent it to nvidia
| did you get test 10 to work without errors?
| -MrApathy

Yes, I made it compile and install under test10 just by adding:

#define mem_map_inc_count(p) atomic_inc(&(p->count))
#define mem_map_dec_count(p) atomic_dec(&(p->count))

to the top of the nv.c source file.

Are you sure your kernel is installed correctly?
In /boot , make sure:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 Nov 22 18:10 System.map -> System.map-2.4.0-test10
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       437194 Nov 21 18:15 System.map-2.4.0-test10

Oyvind

--


| HP     : http://www.vaggen.net/~oyvindb/ | Faximile  : +47 22 70 45 01 |

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by Max Lungarell » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00




> | ive tried using test 11 and got the same thing
> | documented the errors and ton of other stuff sent it to nvidia
> | did you get test 10 to work without errors?
> | -MrApathy

> Yes, I made it compile and install under test10 just by adding:

> #define mem_map_inc_count(p) atomic_inc(&(p->count))
> #define mem_map_dec_count(p) atomic_dec(&(p->count))

> to the top of the nv.c source file.

> Are you sure your kernel is installed correctly?
> In /boot , make sure:

> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 Nov 22 18:10 System.map -> System.map-2.4.0-test10
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       437194 Nov 21 18:15 System.map-2.4.0-test10

that sounds good. i'll try this hack ASAP.

cu
        max

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by Max Lungarell » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00




> | ive tried using test 11 and got the same thing
> | documented the errors and ton of other stuff sent it to nvidia
> | did you get test 10 to work without errors?
> | -MrApathy

> Yes, I made it compile and install under test10 just by adding:

> #define mem_map_inc_count(p) atomic_inc(&(p->count))
> #define mem_map_dec_count(p) atomic_dec(&(p->count))

> to the top of the nv.c source file.

> Are you sure your kernel is installed correctly?
> In /boot , make sure:

> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 Nov 22 18:10 System.map -> System.map-2.4.0-test10
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       437194 Nov 21 18:15 System.map-2.4.0-test10

with kernel 2.4.0-test10 the hack seems to work. i'll run some tests
this evening and let you know.

thx a lot
        max

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by Neil Golstei » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Sorry about that, I don't know why but the one I compiled runs without
errors, I posted it at
http://neilevid.tripod.com/download/nvdriver.gz for those of you who want to
try it.  It was compiled on RedHat 7.0 system against the 2.4.0-test11
source downloaded from www.kernel.org.  No patches were applied to the
source. 200k


> ive tried using test 11 and got the same thing
> documented the errors and ton of other stuff sent it to nvidia
> did you get test 10 to work without errors?
> -MrApathy




> > | this workaround doesn't work in my case, what a pity. i still get the
> > | unresolved symbol ...
> > | ?yvind did it work in your case?

> > Unfortunately not. I got some new unresolved symbols after this.
> > I think I'll live with the test-10-kernel, which I now have configured
to
> > meet my needs.

> > I've sent a mail to Nvidia, asking them about updated source code for
the
> > driver. No answer yet.

> > Oyvind

> > --


|
> > | HP     : http://www.vaggen.net/~oyvindb/ | Faximile  : +47 22 70 45 01
|

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by Les Schaffe » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00


Quote:> Sorry about that, I don't know why but the one I compiled runs
> without errors

interesting. instead of cimmenting out the ofending lines i tried to
use the new module function calls, and get segfaults when installing
module.

les schaffer

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by MrApath » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00


yes the kernel was fine
however i got the same 5 errors with insmod NVdriver
unresolved symbols:
mem_map_inc_count
mem_map_dec_count
put_module_symbol
get_module_symbol

im using slackware 7.1

/var/log/XFree86.0.log
XFree86 Version 4.0.1 / X Window System
(protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6400)
Release Date: 1 July 2000
 If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
 than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
 problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.2.15-urw1 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Tue Nov 21 23:12:50 2000
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config"
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (??) unknown.
(==) ServerLayout "Simple Layout"
(**) |-->Screen "Screen 1" (0)
(**) |   |-->Monitor "My Monitor"
(**) |   |-->Device "NVIDIA GeForce"
(**) |-->Input Device "Mouse1"
(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard1"
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
(WW) Option "XkbCompat" requires an string value
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc101"
(**) XKB: model: "pc101"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) XKB: layout: "us"
(**) FontPath set to
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/X11R6/l
ib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled,/usr/
X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X
11/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
(**) RgbPath set to "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
(--) using VT number 7

(II) Module ABI versions:
 XFree86 ANSI C Emulation: 0.1
 XFree86 Video Driver: 0.2
 XFree86 XInput driver : 0.1
 XFree86 Server Extension : 0.1
 XFree86 Font Renderer : 0.1
(II) Loader running on linux
(II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
(II) Module bitmap: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
 compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
 Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
 ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.1
(II) Loading font Bitmap
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
(II) Module pcidata: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
 compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 0.1.0
 ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.2
(II) PCI: Probing config type using method 1
(II) PCI: Config type is 1
(II) PCI: stages = 0x03, oldVal1 = 0x80002384, mode1Res1 = 0x80000000
(II) PCI: PCI scan (all values are in hex)
(II) PCI: 00:00:0: chip 1106,0305 card 1043,8033 rev 02 class 06,00,00 hdr
00
(II) PCI: 00:01:0: chip 1106,8305 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,04,00 hdr
01
(II) PCI: 00:04:0: chip 1106,0686 card 1043,8033 rev 22 class 06,01,00 hdr
80
(II) PCI: 00:04:1: chip 1106,0571 card 0000,0000 rev 10 class 01,01,8a hdr
00
(II) PCI: 00:04:2: chip 1106,3038 card 0925,1234 rev 10 class 0c,03,00 hdr
00
(II) PCI: 00:04:3: chip 1106,3038 card 0925,1234 rev 10 class 0c,03,00 hdr
00
(II) PCI: 00:04:4: chip 1106,3057 card 0000,0000 rev 30 class 06,00,00 hdr
00
(II) PCI: 00:0a:0: chip 11ad,0002 card 1385,f004 rev 20 class 02,00,00 hdr
00
(II) PCI: 00:0b:0: chip 1102,0002 card 1102,0020 rev 05 class 04,01,00 hdr
80
(II) PCI: 00:0b:1: chip 1102,7002 card 1102,0020 rev 05 class 09,80,00 hdr
80
(II) PCI: 00:0c:0: chip 1105,8300 card 0000,0000 rev 01 class 04,80,00 hdr
00
(II) PCI: 00:11:0: chip 105a,0d30 card 105a,4d33 rev 02 class 01,80,00 hdr
00
(II) PCI: 01:00:0: chip 10de,0110 card 1043,4015 rev a1 class 03,00,00 hdr
00
(II) PCI: End of PCI scan
(II) LoadModule: "scanpci"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libscanpci.a
(II) Module scanpci: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
 compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 0.1.0
 ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.2
(II) UnloadModule: "scanpci"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libscanpci.a
(II) Bus 1: bridge is at (0:1:0), (0,1,1), BCTRL: 0x08 (VGA_EN is set)
(II) Bus 1 I/O range:
(II) Bus 1 non-prefetchable memory range:
 [0] -1 0xd6000000 - 0xd7dfffff (0x1e00000) MXB
(II) Bus 1 prefetchable memory range:
 [0] -1 0xd7f00000 - 0xe3ffffff (0xc100000) MXB
(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) NVidia unknown chipset (0x0110) rev 161, Mem @
0xd6000000/24, 0xd8000000/27
(II) Addressable bus resource ranges are
 [0] -1 0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MXB
 [1] -1 0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IXB
(II) OS-reported resource ranges:
 [0] -1 0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
 [1] -1 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
 [2] -1 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
 [3] -1 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
 [4] -1 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
 [5] -1 0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
(II) Active PCI resource ranges:
 [0] -1 0xd4800000 - 0xd481ffff (0x20000) MXB
 [1] -1 0xd5000000 - 0xd50fffff (0x100000) MXB
 [2] -1 0xd5800000 - 0xd58000ff (0x100) MXB
 [3] -1 0xe4000000 - 0xe7ffffff (0x4000000) MXB
 [4] -1 0xd7ff0000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
 [5] -1 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MXB(B)
 [6] -1 0xd6000000 - 0xd6ffffff (0x1000000) MXB(B)
 [7] -1 0x00008000 - 0x0000803f (0x40) IXB
 [8] -1 0x00008400 - 0x00008403 (0x4) IXB
 [9] -1 0x00008800 - 0x00008807 (0x8) IXB
 [10] -1 0x00009000 - 0x00009003 (0x4) IXB
 [11] -1 0x00009400 - 0x00009407 (0x8) IXB
 [12] -1 0x00009800 - 0x00009807 (0x8) IXB
 [13] -1 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a01f (0x20) IXB
 [14] -1 0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IXB
 [15] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d01f (0x20) IXB
 [16] -1 0x0000d400 - 0x0000d41f (0x20) IXB
 [17] -1 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IXB
(II) Active PCI resource ranges after removing overlaps:
 [0] -1 0xd4800000 - 0xd481ffff (0x20000) MXB
 [1] -1 0xd5000000 - 0xd50fffff (0x100000) MXB
 [2] -1 0xd5800000 - 0xd58000ff (0x100) MXB
 [3] -1 0xe4000000 - 0xe7ffffff (0x4000000) MXB
 [4] -1 0xd7ff0000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
 [5] -1 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MXB(B)
 [6] -1 0xd6000000 - 0xd6ffffff (0x1000000) MXB(B)
 [7] -1 0x00008000 - 0x0000803f (0x40) IXB
 [8] -1 0x00008400 - 0x00008403 (0x4) IXB
 [9] -1 0x00008800 - 0x00008807 (0x8) IXB
 [10] -1 0x00009000 - 0x00009003 (0x4) IXB
 [11] -1 0x00009400 - 0x00009407 (0x8) IXB
 [12] -1 0x00009800 - 0x00009807 (0x8) IXB
 [13] -1 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a01f (0x20) IXB
 [14] -1 0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IXB
 [15] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d01f (0x20) IXB
 [16] -1 0x0000d400 - 0x0000d41f (0x20) IXB
 [17] -1 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IXB
(II) OS-reported resource ranges after removing overlaps with PCI:
 [0] -1 0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
 [1] -1 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
 [2] -1 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
 [3] -1 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
 [4] -1 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
 [5] -1 0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
(II) All system resource ranges:
 [0] -1 0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
 [1] -1 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
 [2] -1 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
 [3] -1 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
 [4] -1 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
 [5] -1 0xd4800000 - 0xd481ffff (0x20000) MXB
 [6] -1 0xd5000000 - 0xd50fffff (0x100000) MXB
 [7] -1 0xd5800000 - 0xd58000ff (0x100) MXB
 [8] -1 0xe4000000 - 0xe7ffffff (0x4000000) MXB
 [9] -1 0xd7ff0000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
 [10] -1 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MXB(B)
 [11] -1 0xd6000000 - 0xd6ffffff (0x1000000) MXB(B)
 [12] -1 0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
 [13] -1 0x00008000 - 0x0000803f (0x40) IXB
 [14] -1 0x00008400 - 0x00008403 (0x4) IXB
 [15] -1 0x00008800 - 0x00008807 (0x8) IXB
 [16] -1 0x00009000 - 0x00009003 (0x4) IXB
 [17] -1 0x00009400 - 0x00009407 (0x8) IXB
 [18] -1 0x00009800 - 0x00009807 (0x8) IXB
 [19] -1 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a01f (0x20) IXB
 [20] -1 0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IXB
 [21] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d01f (0x20) IXB
 [22] -1 0x0000d400 - 0x0000d41f (0x20) IXB
 [23] -1 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IXB
(II) LoadModule: "dbe"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdbe.a
(II) Module dbe: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
 compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
 Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
 ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
(II) LoadModule: "extmod"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a
(II) Module extmod: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
 compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
 Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
 ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
(II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension FontCache
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) LoadModule: "type1"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libtype1.a
(II) Module type1: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
 compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
 Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
 ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.1
(II) Loading font Type1
(II) Loading font CID
(II) LoadModule: "freetype"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.a
(II) Module freetype: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
 compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.1.7
 Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
 ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.1
(II) Loading font FreeType
(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
(II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
 compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.5
 Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
 ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) Loading extension GLX
(II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
(II) Loading ...

read more »

 
 
 

NVdriver and kernel 2.4.0-test11

Post by Max Lungarell » Sat, 25 Nov 2000 04:00:00


MrApathy wrote:

> yes the kernel was fine
> however i got the same 5 errors with insmod NVdriver
> unresolved symbols:
> mem_map_inc_count
> mem_map_dec_count
> put_module_symbol
> get_module_symbol

> im using slackware 7.1

> /var/log/XFree86.0.log
> XFree86 Version 4.0.1 / X Window System
> (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6400)
> Release Date: 1 July 2000
>  If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
>  than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
>  problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
> Operating System: Linux 2.2.15-urw1 i686 [ELF]
> Module Loader present
> (==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Tue Nov 21 23:12:50 2000
> (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config"
> Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
>          (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
>          (WW) warning, (EE) error, (??) unknown.
> (==) ServerLayout "Simple Layout"
> (**) |-->Screen "Screen 1" (0)
> (**) |   |-->Monitor "My Monitor"
> (**) |   |-->Device "NVIDIA GeForce"
> (**) |-->Input Device "Mouse1"
> (**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard1"
> (**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
> (WW) Option "XkbCompat" requires an string value
> (**) Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
> (**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
> (**) Option "XkbModel" "pc101"
> (**) XKB: model: "pc101"
> (**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
> (**) XKB: layout: "us"
> (**) FontPath set to
> "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/X11R6/l
> ib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled,/usr/
> X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X
> 11/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
> (**) RgbPath set to "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
> (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
> (--) using VT number 7

> (II) Module ABI versions:
>  XFree86 ANSI C Emulation: 0.1
>  XFree86 Video Driver: 0.2
>  XFree86 XInput driver : 0.1
>  XFree86 Server Extension : 0.1
>  XFree86 Font Renderer : 0.1
> (II) Loader running on linux
> (II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
> (II) Module bitmap: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>  compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
>  Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
>  ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.1
> (II) Loading font Bitmap
> (II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
> (II) Module pcidata: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>  compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 0.1.0
>  ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.2
> (II) PCI: Probing config type using method 1
> (II) PCI: Config type is 1
> (II) PCI: stages = 0x03, oldVal1 = 0x80002384, mode1Res1 = 0x80000000
> (II) PCI: PCI scan (all values are in hex)
> (II) PCI: 00:00:0: chip 1106,0305 card 1043,8033 rev 02 class 06,00,00 hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: 00:01:0: chip 1106,8305 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,04,00 hdr
> 01
> (II) PCI: 00:04:0: chip 1106,0686 card 1043,8033 rev 22 class 06,01,00 hdr
> 80
> (II) PCI: 00:04:1: chip 1106,0571 card 0000,0000 rev 10 class 01,01,8a hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: 00:04:2: chip 1106,3038 card 0925,1234 rev 10 class 0c,03,00 hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: 00:04:3: chip 1106,3038 card 0925,1234 rev 10 class 0c,03,00 hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: 00:04:4: chip 1106,3057 card 0000,0000 rev 30 class 06,00,00 hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: 00:0a:0: chip 11ad,0002 card 1385,f004 rev 20 class 02,00,00 hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: 00:0b:0: chip 1102,0002 card 1102,0020 rev 05 class 04,01,00 hdr
> 80
> (II) PCI: 00:0b:1: chip 1102,7002 card 1102,0020 rev 05 class 09,80,00 hdr
> 80
> (II) PCI: 00:0c:0: chip 1105,8300 card 0000,0000 rev 01 class 04,80,00 hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: 00:11:0: chip 105a,0d30 card 105a,4d33 rev 02 class 01,80,00 hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: 01:00:0: chip 10de,0110 card 1043,4015 rev a1 class 03,00,00 hdr
> 00
> (II) PCI: End of PCI scan
> (II) LoadModule: "scanpci"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libscanpci.a
> (II) Module scanpci: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>  compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 0.1.0
>  ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.2
> (II) UnloadModule: "scanpci"
> (II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libscanpci.a
> (II) Bus 1: bridge is at (0:1:0), (0,1,1), BCTRL: 0x08 (VGA_EN is set)
> (II) Bus 1 I/O range:
> (II) Bus 1 non-prefetchable memory range:
>  [0] -1 0xd6000000 - 0xd7dfffff (0x1e00000) MXB
> (II) Bus 1 prefetchable memory range:
>  [0] -1 0xd7f00000 - 0xe3ffffff (0xc100000) MXB
> (--) PCI:*(1:0:0) NVidia unknown chipset (0x0110) rev 161, Mem @
> 0xd6000000/24, 0xd8000000/27
> (II) Addressable bus resource ranges are
>  [0] -1 0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MXB
>  [1] -1 0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IXB
> (II) OS-reported resource ranges:
>  [0] -1 0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
>  [1] -1 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
>  [2] -1 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
>  [3] -1 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
>  [4] -1 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
>  [5] -1 0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
> (II) Active PCI resource ranges:
>  [0] -1 0xd4800000 - 0xd481ffff (0x20000) MXB
>  [1] -1 0xd5000000 - 0xd50fffff (0x100000) MXB
>  [2] -1 0xd5800000 - 0xd58000ff (0x100) MXB
>  [3] -1 0xe4000000 - 0xe7ffffff (0x4000000) MXB
>  [4] -1 0xd7ff0000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
>  [5] -1 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MXB(B)
>  [6] -1 0xd6000000 - 0xd6ffffff (0x1000000) MXB(B)
>  [7] -1 0x00008000 - 0x0000803f (0x40) IXB
>  [8] -1 0x00008400 - 0x00008403 (0x4) IXB
>  [9] -1 0x00008800 - 0x00008807 (0x8) IXB
>  [10] -1 0x00009000 - 0x00009003 (0x4) IXB
>  [11] -1 0x00009400 - 0x00009407 (0x8) IXB
>  [12] -1 0x00009800 - 0x00009807 (0x8) IXB
>  [13] -1 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a01f (0x20) IXB
>  [14] -1 0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IXB
>  [15] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d01f (0x20) IXB
>  [16] -1 0x0000d400 - 0x0000d41f (0x20) IXB
>  [17] -1 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IXB
> (II) Active PCI resource ranges after removing overlaps:
>  [0] -1 0xd4800000 - 0xd481ffff (0x20000) MXB
>  [1] -1 0xd5000000 - 0xd50fffff (0x100000) MXB
>  [2] -1 0xd5800000 - 0xd58000ff (0x100) MXB
>  [3] -1 0xe4000000 - 0xe7ffffff (0x4000000) MXB
>  [4] -1 0xd7ff0000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
>  [5] -1 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MXB(B)
>  [6] -1 0xd6000000 - 0xd6ffffff (0x1000000) MXB(B)
>  [7] -1 0x00008000 - 0x0000803f (0x40) IXB
>  [8] -1 0x00008400 - 0x00008403 (0x4) IXB
>  [9] -1 0x00008800 - 0x00008807 (0x8) IXB
>  [10] -1 0x00009000 - 0x00009003 (0x4) IXB
>  [11] -1 0x00009400 - 0x00009407 (0x8) IXB
>  [12] -1 0x00009800 - 0x00009807 (0x8) IXB
>  [13] -1 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a01f (0x20) IXB
>  [14] -1 0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IXB
>  [15] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d01f (0x20) IXB
>  [16] -1 0x0000d400 - 0x0000d41f (0x20) IXB
>  [17] -1 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IXB
> (II) OS-reported resource ranges after removing overlaps with PCI:
>  [0] -1 0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
>  [1] -1 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
>  [2] -1 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
>  [3] -1 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
>  [4] -1 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
>  [5] -1 0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
> (II) All system resource ranges:
>  [0] -1 0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
>  [1] -1 0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
>  [2] -1 0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
>  [3] -1 0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
>  [4] -1 0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
>  [5] -1 0xd4800000 - 0xd481ffff (0x20000) MXB
>  [6] -1 0xd5000000 - 0xd50fffff (0x100000) MXB
>  [7] -1 0xd5800000 - 0xd58000ff (0x100) MXB
>  [8] -1 0xe4000000 - 0xe7ffffff (0x4000000) MXB
>  [9] -1 0xd7ff0000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
>  [10] -1 0xd8000000 - 0xdfffffff (0x8000000) MXB(B)
>  [11] -1 0xd6000000 - 0xd6ffffff (0x1000000) MXB(B)
>  [12] -1 0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
>  [13] -1 0x00008000 - 0x0000803f (0x40) IXB
>  [14] -1 0x00008400 - 0x00008403 (0x4) IXB
>  [15] -1 0x00008800 - 0x00008807 (0x8) IXB
>  [16] -1 0x00009000 - 0x00009003 (0x4) IXB
>  [17] -1 0x00009400 - 0x00009407 (0x8) IXB
>  [18] -1 0x00009800 - 0x00009807 (0x8) IXB
>  [19] -1 0x0000a000 - 0x0000a01f (0x20) IXB
>  [20] -1 0x0000a400 - 0x0000a4ff (0x100) IXB
>  [21] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d01f (0x20) IXB
>  [22] -1 0x0000d400 - 0x0000d41f (0x20) IXB
>  [23] -1 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d80f (0x10) IXB
> (II) LoadModule: "dbe"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdbe.a
> (II) Module dbe: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>  compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
>  Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
>  ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
> (II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
> (II) LoadModule: "extmod"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a
> (II) Module extmod: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>  compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
>  Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
>  ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
> (II) Loading extension SHAPE
> (II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
> (II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
> (II) Loading extension SYNC
> (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
> (II) Loading extension XC-MISC
> (II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
> (II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
> (II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
> (II) Loading extension DPMS
> (II) Loading extension FontCache
> (II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
> (II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
> (II) Loading extension XVideo
> (II) LoadModule: "type1"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libtype1.a
> (II) Module type1: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>  compiled for 4.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
>  Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
>  ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.1
> (II) Loading font Type1
> (II) Loading font CID
> (II) LoadModule: "freetype"
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.a
> (II) Module freetype: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>  compiled for 4.0.1,

...

read more »

 
 
 

1. ppp 2.4.0 & 2.4.0-test11 kernel

Hi:

I have;

(1) two kernels "2.2.17" & "2.4.0-test11" - both configured relatively the
same.

(2) ppp-2.4.0 downloaded and built fresh today.

(3) functioning ppp /etc/options and /etc/pppscript files.

(4) same machine, same modem, same telephone line.

With 2.2.17 kernel with built in ppp and compression I am able to dialup my
ISP, connect, establish a serial connection, ppp establishes a link and I
start browsing the 'Net. Time online, 90 minute (ISP) limit.

With 2.4.0-test11 kernel with built in ppp and compression I am able to
dialup my ISP, connect, establish a serial connection, ppp immediately
issues a SIGHUP and the modem hangs up - the end. Time online, 0 sec.

If I initiate the connection in minicom and start pppd, it immediately hangs
up the modem. Works fine with 2.2.17 kernel.

I can run a shell session no problem with 2.2.4-test11 - it is definately a
PPP issue.

Anybody have pppd (2.4.0) working in 2.2.4-test11 kernel?

Anybody?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

2. xdm to xdm - where is chooser?

3. kernel 2.4.0-test11, TNT2 and XFree 4

4. Xserver authentification

5. getting pppoe with 2.4.0-test11 kernel

6. crontab failover in Veritas VCS

7. Intel 815E chipset on-board video and Linux Kernel 2.4.0-test11-pre*

8. Help w/ Setup

9. atyfb and kernel 2.6-test11 problem

10. Kernel 2.4.0-test11 does not boot after Mainboard exchange

11. kernel 2.4.0-test11 and Linksys Etherfast 10/100 PCMCIA card

12. Problem with XFree 4.0.2 and kernel 2.4.0-test11

13. kernel 2.4.0-test11 problem