XF86Setup or XF86..........

Post by Ali » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have just installed mandrake 7.1 and I am unable to run XF86Setup.
from what I have read else where in this newsgroup it appears you can type
XF86-configure. My question is: what is the difference in the two commands.
My previous installation of mandrake 7.0 in which I was able to run
XF86Setup worked oK.

Ali

XF86Setup or XF86..........

Post by Anita Lew » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

>I have just installed mandrake 7.1 and I am unable to run XF86Setup.
>from what I have read else where in this newsgroup it appears you can type
>XF86-configure. My question is: what is the difference in the two commands.
>My previous installation of mandrake 7.0 in which I was able to run
>XF86Setup worked oK.

>Ali

If you have XFree86-4.0, you can run 'XFree86 -configure' or xf86config.
XF86Setup does not work with this version.  It does work with v. 3.3.6 and
below, but XFree86 -configure does not.

It sounds like with mandrake 7.1 you have v 4.0 or 4.0.1 installed.  Try
'rpm -q XFree86' to see what version you have.

Anita

XF86Setup or XF86..........

Post by Rolf Wies » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

i think, you can try "xconfigurator" instead

regards
Rolf

Quote:> I have just installed mandrake 7.1 and I am unable to run XF86Setup.
> from what I have read else where in this newsgroup it appears you can type
> XF86-configure. My question is: what is the difference in the two
commands.
> My previous installation of mandrake 7.0 in which I was able to run
> XF86Setup worked oK.

> Ali

1. Mouse Jumps Crazily in XF86Setup (XF86 v3.2)

I'm using redhat 4.2 and I set my PS/2 mouse to PS/2 when I installed linux.
Now I'm running XF86Setup and my mouse jumps around like crazy up in the left
hand corner of the screen.  Anyone experienced this or have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Daniel

2. IP masquarading SMTP problem

3. Q: >8 bpp in XF86 3.1 or XF86 3.1.1?

4. SSH2 and Ttermpro

5. XF86 on Sony Vaio F650 Laptop w/ RH7.0 (XF86 4.0.1a)

6. COMMERCIAL: $1.99 Red Hat 4.2 on CD-ROM

7. XF86Setup works OK, Xserver fails

8. writing a module for the kernel

9. XF86Setup (Toshiba 4700 )

10. 16bpp with XF86Setup

11. acroread on new monitor "smeared";XF86Setup?

12. Cyrix MediaGX vs. XF86Setup

13. Can only see a small part of screen after XF86Setup