GREAT install for Linux

Post by Philip Ta » Fri, 10 Feb 1995 00:29:35

I just installed GREAT, but I'm having problems getting it to run.  The
desktop starts up just fine, the disk churns for a while, and then the
entire box hangs. I've double checked the install notes, tried changing
window managers, but to no avail. I really like the look of this package
Can any one help?

Environment: Slackware 1.2 (base plus some newer stuff)
             GREAT019 with static libraries
             8 meg real mem 32meg swap

                                            Any help appreciated,
                                             Phil Taft

1. Linux is great, but how do I install further files off of CDROM!!!

Hope someone can help.

I have now installed, after 2 days, Linux and I am pretty pleased with
myself. I have a few problems though.

How can I install further files off of CDROM. I don't even know where my
cdrom is situated. (sbpcd)

I use Compuserve to get onto the net, which goes thru windows. If I try
to download some Linux software, I cannot access it. I have installed
Linux on my d: drive, but this does not show up in windows.

I hope someone can help. I have not had a chance to play with this, but I
am very excited.....,  :-)

Thanks for ANY help

2. CheckSum for files!

3. Just Installed Linux, it was great, one more thing though...

4. iptables redirection

5. SOUNDBLASTER 4X CD-ROM WORKS GREAT, BUT SOUNDCARD...NOT GREAT

6. Ports Collection shrinkage or FTP error?

7. GREAT JOBS-GREAT PAY" WVT"

8. power on self test

9. Great Health Products at Great Prices!!!!

10. *Great Service, All prices, Great Uptime For Bnc, Eggdrop, IRCd, Game & Web Hosting **

11. Red Hat 7.2 Install went great!

12. The Great Unanswered BSD Install Question.

13. I have a great problem installing a SoundBlaster Awe64 card