Compile Fvwm

Post by Lakshmi Nataraja » Mon, 08 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi! I can't compile fvwm (version 2.0.42). I am following the
instructions in INSTALL ...

I do xmkmf; make Makefiles. Then on running make I get tons of undefined
reference errors in all sorts of .o files (like add_window.o, to name
just one) as well as in libXpm.so.4.6. (OK, this one went away when I
set the XpmLibs path to the a.out library, but I still had the other
errors)

Here is a sample:
add_window.o(.text+0x9a): undefined reference to `XGetGeometry'

Could someone help? Thanks,

Lakshmi.

1. Compiling fvwm-2.0.40 ??

Hi,

I'm having trouble linking fvwm-2.0.40   When trying to link
all .o files in the fvwm directory, I get an error like:

*undefined reference to XLoadQueryFont* in file GetFont.o

GetFont.c includes <X11/Xlib.h> which defines XLoadQueryFont.
The library libfvwm.a built ok, as did everything else, it's
only the binary which won't play ball!  Any hints please?

Steve

2. redirected stdout?

3. Compiling fvwm on Solaris 2.4 x86

4. Dialback on SCO Unix and OS5

5. HELP: Compiling FVWM with imake...

6. several problems of a beginner

7. Need help compiling fvwm

8. HP-UX proxy command ???

9. problems compiling fvwm

10. ld error while compiling fvwm

11. Problems compiling fvwm => linking problem

12. Compile fvwm

13. compiling fvwm-95 f