Sony CPD-220VS and Trident ProVidia 9685

Sony CPD-220VS and Trident ProVidia 9685

Post by B. S. McMILLA » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

The card appears to be working, however, the monitor checks out on me
when I start X (I've used startX and Metro-X)  The monitor reports the
frequency is out of scan range but I have spent more than a week trying
to tweek.  Has anyone been able to fix this problem?  I know the monitor
is working find under Winders 95.  I have upgraded to Xfree 3.3.2.

I am thinking it has to do with the scan timings but I can't seem to get
it write.  HELP

Please e-mail me with answer as well as post to news group.

GO 43

Sony CPD-220VS and Trident ProVidia 9685

Post by Anibal Ace » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Same problem here (except I have a Hitachi SuperScan Elite 611
monitor).  The only mode that works is a woefully inadequate
640x480x8bpp.  640x480x16bpp has black streaks running through the
lower half of the screen.  Most other modes fail to sync... :-(

Please post or email suggestios, modelines, etc.

Many thanks!

Tony

>The card appears to be working, however, the monitor checks out on me
>when I start X (I've used startX and Metro-X)  The monitor reports the
>frequency is out of scan range but I have spent more than a week trying
>to tweek.  Has anyone been able to fix this problem?  I know the monitor
>is working find under Winders 95.  I have upgraded to Xfree 3.3.2.

>I am thinking it has to do with the scan timings but I can't seem to get
>it write.  HELP

>Please e-mail me with answer as well as post to news group.

>GO 43

1. Problem with X-Windows, Sony CPD-220VS and Trident ProVidia 9658

I've upgraded to Xfree 3.3.2 to use the ProVidia 9685(w/4MB) driver.
However, my Sony CPD-220VS monitor shuts down when I startX.  It reports
the input is out of scan range.  I believe it has to do with timings,
but I can't seem to get any good information to set-up.  This thing
(monitor) works well under Winders 95.  I've switched to another TGUI
Card (9680) and the same problem.

Has anyone figured the timing or has any idea on how I may go about
determining the proper steps to configure the monitor?

GO 43!!!

2. Signal???

3. Trident Providia 9685, Viewsonic V775, XF86Config file

4. dgram size

5. Trident ProVidia 9685 - Can't see X

6. Installing RH 7.0 on a new ATA100 based system - help!

7. Trident Providia 9685 problem

8. Bill Gates on Infoworld: Principles and Practice

9. Trident Providia 9685 on Linux?

10. RedHat 4.2 and Trident 9685 Providia

11. Trident 64-Bit Providia 9685 w/TV output

12. Trident ProVidia 9685 XF86Config

13. Video Card Help: Trident ProVidia 9685 chipset