X Windows Video Card Configuration

Post by Roddy Knig » Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello,
I recently purchased Redhat 4.2 and attempted to install it off the CD on
my Dell latitude laptop.  I ran into problems when I tried to configure
X-Windows.  Dell uses a Neomagic Video card which is not listed in the X
configure program.  I am also unsure which monitor to chose.  I have a 12
inch monitor on the laptop which can do 800 x 600 pixels.

Can anyone tell me which Video Card and monitor would be compatible with my
configuration?

--
Remove "NOSPAM" from e-mail address to send e-mail

1. X windows video card configuration

I bought a linux book that came with slakware 3.2

I installed linux just fine and I went to setup X windows.

Everything seems to go fine.  I have a Cirrus logic 5434 chip and that
seems to be the problem.  It is listed in the setup and I choose it.
Then it goes to start the server to run vidtune and everything works
fine.
Then after all the setup is done and I'm back in linux, I go to start
X windows and it gives me a message to the effect that it makes no
sense to pass arguments to cirrus logic 5434 because it isn't
supported.

How can it not be supported if it's listed as a supported chip in the
setup and the server started fine in the setup?

Do I need an upgraded version and if so, what do I need to download?

By the way, the book also came with redhat 4.1 and the same results
happened with that installation.   Is therean upgrade that I can
download without downloading the whole thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

2. giflib problem

3. Linux x-window video driver for ATI Mach64 video card?

4. quota

5. Slow window drags - ( X server, video card, window manager, resolution/color depth)

6. USB Keyboard Error and KVM switch problem

7. THINKPAD 770X REDHAT6.0 USING X-WINDOWS VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO THINKPAD 770X

8. apl_linux_ddos

9. Programming video card (ATI card w/ s-video & tv-out) Need direction to correct info

10. APERTURE setting in SCO X-Windows *.xgi video configuration file

11. X windows configuration rev. video

12. Setup TV-Card and additional Video-In on Video Card

13. Trident 9680 Video Card vs. Cirrus Login 5430 Video Card