Suggestions: good PCI card?

Post by Erik Pennebak » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I'm thinking of getting a PCI pentium upgrade, which means I'd have to ditch
my VLB ET4000w32b (which can't do more than 8 bpp anyway).  I need
recomendations on a decent PCI graphics card.  Something really stable with
X, 2 MB Vram, and (hopefully) less than $150.  Any suggestions?

-Erik

--
-----

                           Question Reality
CCSO Tech Support Dude                                            My opinions

1. I'm Looking for suggestions for a good PCI EIDE controller ...

Hi all.

I am looking for a PCI EIDE controller that has a built-in
bios (so that ALL drives are seen at boot, no driver is
required).

I would like it to be able to have 4 EIDE Hard Drives,
2 on primary, and 2 on secondary.  Ideally, you should
be able to configure the card solely as a secondary
controller (not required), and you should be able to
disable the secondary channel via a jumper.

I've looked at several EIDE controllers, many don't
have an on-board bios and so drivers are needed to
see anything other than the first drive at boot, etc.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thank you in advance.

Mark

2. select & out-of-band socket data

3. Good VGA card for XFree86? Any suggestions

4. Replace base system BIND?

5. Suggestions on good SCSI card for RH 7.3

6. BUG: usermod incorrect file locking

7. Good Fast Video Card Suggestions?

8. 8-10 slot 4mm library for Sun

9. Suggestions for Wireless PCI NIC card?

10. Dual Firewire/USB PCI card - suggestions?

11. 802.11g PCI card and WAP/router for Linux - suggestions?

12. Request suggestions for Best PCI Video card.

13. PCI Graphics card suggestions