laptop: output on lcd failse, at extern monitor ok

laptop: output on lcd failse, at extern monitor ok

Post by Buchleitner Marti » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:44:40

Hi !

I got Sis630 running on my Laptop, but my X-System is running "between" the
shells. When i start X and wait for some seconds and change afterwards back
to console without canceling X, i get for a secound an X-Window output.

When I switch from LCD to extern Output, a monitor, i get a normal running X-
System.

does anybody know what i may do?

i am using XFree4.0.3 with Kernel 2.4.3 + Framebuffer-Support(vesa).
X starts on virtual shell vt07.

thx martin

News suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://newsgroups.web.de

laptop: output on lcd failse, at extern monitor ok

Post by Jesper Peterse » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:59:32

 Buchleitner> Hi !  I got Sis630 running on my Laptop

I have a SiS630 too, you can find the solution  at
http://home.in.tum.de/~clemens/ipc-topnote-h.html mine
didn't work until I used some of the XF86Config file
from this site.

(the index is at http://www.linux-laptop.net/ipc.html)

Good luck.
Jesper

Post by Buchleitner Marti » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 02:27:44

> Buchleitner> Hi !  I got Sis630 running on my Laptop

>I have a SiS630 too, you can find the solution  at
>http://home.in.tum.de/~clemens/ipc-topnote-h.html mine
>didn't work until I used some of the XF86Config file
>from this site.

>(the index is at http://www.linux-laptop.net/ipc.html)

thanks, framebuffering is running.
my XF86Config looks similar to this one

it changed nothing.
my problem is that i get an output from the X-System when
i switch to the VGA-Output, but i do not get an output when i am working on the
LCD.

martin

News suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://newsgroups.web.de

laptop: output on lcd failse, at extern monitor ok

Post by Jesper Peterse » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:32:13

 Buchleitner> it changed nothing.  my problem is that i get an output
 Buchleitner> from the X-System when i switch to the VGA-Output, but i
 Buchleitner> do not get an output when i am working on the LCD.

Hmm, the solution on the site worked for me and for another one whom I
pointed to it. Linux is still new to me so I can't help you more than
I already did.

Hope you'll succeed.
Jesper