ICA client for Linux

Post by Patrick Spinle » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi:

Does anyone know of any ICA protocol (Citrix WinFrame, Insignia NTrigue,
etc) client packages that run on x86 Linux ?

Insignia has a Java NTrigue client, but it's not ICA, only their version
of a cut down X protocol.

Thanks !
-- Pat

ICA client for Linux

Post by Andreas van Wingerde » Tue, 04 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Hi:

> Does anyone know of any ICA protocol (Citrix WinFrame, Insignia NTrigue,
> etc) client packages that run on x86 Linux ?

> Insignia has a Java NTrigue client, but it's not ICA, only their version
> of a cut down X protocol.

> Thanks !
> -- Pat

  Hi I called the Dutch importer of NTrigue and they said there isn't any,
I work at the Dutch distributor for Winframe so if you get it working
please keep me informed 'cause we get this question more often.

Andraes

ICA client for Linux

Post by Jorgen Andreas » Fri, 07 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi:

> Does anyone know of any ICA protocol (Citrix WinFrame, Insignia NTrigue,
> etc) client packages that run on x86 Linux ?

You can use WinDD for SCO Unix. One problem with this solution is that it
only runs under a 8 bit visual, i.e. you need to use a 8bit Xserver as
there is no Xserver for Linux (AFAIK) that handles multiple visuals.

Another solution is to use WinDD X-support on the Citrix server. Then
you can use any Xterminal to display the Windows programs.

Quote:

> Thanks !
> -- Pat

/J?rgen