Newbee Information about X-Windows

Post by Joseph Thorm » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Moring all....

I am new to the Linux and the X-Window game.  I have two different
version of Linux.   The Turbo Red Hat and the LINUX delveloper resource
from Infomagic....  I like the LDR from Informagic but like the a few misc
thing from the Red Hat version...  In the Red Hat version, you can
have a X-Windows user configuration panel, not in the other...  Wondering
if there is a program I can add to the LDR to get the same affect...

Thanks, Joseph

Newbee Information about X-Windows

Post by Paul Colclou » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Well since both dists are a unix clone, why not just rip out the
configuration panel from the red hat one and stick it in your ldr vrsion?

: Moring all....

: I am new to the Linux and the X-Window game.  I have two different
: version of Linux.   The Turbo Red Hat and the LINUX delveloper resource
: from Infomagic....  I like the LDR from Informagic but like the a few misc
: thing from the Red Hat version...  In the Red Hat version, you can
: have a X-Windows user configuration panel, not in the other...  Wondering
: if there is a program I can add to the LDR to get the same affect...

: Thanks, Joseph

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. RH 5.1 install problems on AS/200

3. Newbee X-Windows Config.

4. memory consumption and X-windows

5. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

6. glibc 2.0.7pre6 RPM???

7. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

8. Set up a virtual host in linux?

9. X-Windows windows, dem dam windows!

10. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?

11. : Install free X-Windows server on Windows NT Workstation 4.0

12. Why doesn't X-Windows look as good as MS Windows?

13. X-Windows probem with fonts and windows