Emacs keybindings in Enlightenment Window Manager

Emacs keybindings in Enlightenment Window Manager

Post by Kai Yu » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

  I am trying to change keybindings in the Enlightenment window
manager. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

  In the default setting of Enlightenment I got from RedHat
distribution,
quite a few keybindings for emacs, e.g., C-M-a, C-M-b, etc. are no
longer
available.

 I have tried to use enlightenment-conf 0.15 to fix it. But in the
listed
keybinding combinations (that I can delete), I can not find any of
them.

  There is a configuration file in my home directory:

.enlightenment/.usr.share.enlightenment.config.keybindings.cfg.preparsed,

but I can not understand the format of the file and thus can not use it
make any change.

 Can someone "enlighten" me on this? Thanks a lot.

            Kai

p.s., all these lost keybindings, however, can be achieved with
additionally
pressing the shift key. I.e., c-m-s-a will do what c-m-a used to do. But

that seems awkward to me.

1. Making enlightenment the default window manager

I'd like to try enlightenment but I can't seem to
get it to work.  I've got all of:

enlightenment-0.15.5-100

X11R6 Xserver / distribution
Imlib
Fnlib
freetype
libjpeg
libtiff
libpng
zlib
libungif

installed from rpms and are the appropriate versions.
I've created a dummy account and run enlightenment from
the prompt and it asked if it could modify the appropriate
scripts to make enlightement the default window manager.
I clicked yes and it modified the .xinitrc (among other
files I imagine) file, but when I logged back in under that
account, it kept coming up with the fvwm window manager.
Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Thanks,

  Jason

2. problems with SCSI tape (EXABYTE-8200)

3. Enlightenment Window Manager freezes X

4. Installing Debian to /dev/hde

5. Enlightenment Window Manager

6. Tekram DC390U2W SCSI card

7. Enlightenment window manager

8. dhcp configuration

9. How can I start KDE/enlightenment window manager automatically at login?

10. enlightenment window manager

11. making enlightenment the default window manager

12. Enlightenment Window Manager

13. Enlightenment DR-0.7 - window manager for X