snes pad as pointing device

Post by Ellameno Pe » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've been trying with little luck to set up my snes pad as a pointing
device under X, using the XInput section of my XF86Config file.  If
anyone has had any luck with this I'd appreciate an email.   I have the
buttons working fine, but I can't get the minimum and maximum X and Y
values and the Delta value set correctly so the cursor just keeps
drifting all over the place and i have no control over it.  I think the
problem is that my minimum values should be negative but X will not
accept negative values for some reason.

Thanks,

The Nut

1. joystick 1.2.12 & SNES pad

I'm trying to get my SNES controller to work properly using kernel
2.0.36 and joystick driver 1.2.12 on a 96MB Dual Pentium.

Here's what I added in my /etc/rc.d/rc.modules

/sbin/insmod joystick
/sbin/insmod joy-console js_console=278,1

And this comes up at boot time

js: Version 1.2.12 using 120 MHz RDTSC timer.
js0: SNES pad at 0x116

And I created the devs using 'make devs' from the joy stick package, and
all the js? devs are set rw rw rw.

And I have my SNES pad properly wired to the parallel port.  Yet, when I
try to use the pad during any joystick aware programs, it's like its not
even hooked up.

Anyone have any ideas?
Please reply via email!
Thanks!!!

--
George Nimmer

"The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer,
not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

2. Problems with install and compile KDE

3. tunnel point to point vs physical point to point

4. How to mount a multi-session CD-ROM

5. Think Pad install & mount points/partitions

6. This Newsgroup Alive?

7. Glide Point, Touch Pad by Alps

8. THIS OS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

9. printf to pad with spaces BUT trips over when data being padded contains spaces

10. Point-to-Point-to-Point-to-Point ad nauseum

11. Point-to-Point-to-Point

12. Support On The "MySmart Pad" I/O Device

13. SNES games?